Company: Pace Packaging LLC
Location: Saddle Brook
Posted on: September 11, 2023
At ProMach, were looking for people who want to shine. Youll
have opportunities to take your career in the direction you desire.
You can be creative. Strategic. Persuasive. Influential.
Meticulous. A technical enthusiast. A closer. A futurist. ProMach
offers rewarding, challenging opportunities throughout the world,
across multiple packaging segments. If you are energized by
providing best-in-class customer experiences and strive for
advanced technical skills, we want to talk to you. Do we have your
attention? Keep reading. Pace Packaging is seeking a talented
Controller for their Fairfield, NJ location to provide hands-on
leadership and management in the areas of accounting and financial
reporting and to direct the companys accounting process, budgetary
process, periodic forecasting, job costing process and materials
management. The position is responsible for accounting functions
such as accounts receivable and payable, payroll, cost accounting,
internal financial reporting, and general ledger. This position
reports to the VP/General Manager, with a dotted line to the
Business Unit VP of Finance. Does this work interest you?
- Direct the companys accounting process, budgetary process, and
job costing process by establishing and maintaining fiscal records
and internal controls in accordance with ProMach policies.
- Develop, analyze, and interpret statistical and accounting
information to appraise operating results in terms of
profitability, performance against budget goals, and other matters
bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the
- Be strategic partner to the General Manager; assist with
setting goals, developing action plans, and executing initiatives
for future growth. Maintain and develop follow up tools to ensure
- Complete month-end and year-end closing process and preparation
of financial reporting package, quarterly forecasts, and the annual
- Manage the procurement and stockroom team including identifying
cost savings directives, process and automation tools and monitor
kpis to create a high performing team.
- Manage plant inventory levels (raw, WIP and finished) including
coordinating weekly cycle counts, annual physical counts, and job
order issue/withdrawal to ensure accuracy and appropriate levels of
inventory are maintained.
- Provide PBCs and other assistance to external and internal
auditors as requested.
- Maintain fixed asset records of the company and prepare capital
expenditure requests and justifications.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate,
payroll, sales tax, and other applicable tax laws.
- Provide leadership to ensure high engagement in utilizing and
maintaining the company's ERP and other business information
- Interface and act as a financial and systems resource with
departments e.g., manufacturing, sales/marketing, parts,
purchasing, engineering, etc.
- Be a business leader to drive process improvements throughout
the organization and a source of leadership that fosters profitable
growth of the organization.
- Implement and follow through on cost savings initiatives.
- Coach, teach and develop team members including evaluating the
performance of direct reports.
- Work directly with Shared Service organization to control
disbursements, establish and maintain credit terms and collection
- Develop budget and staffing requirements for the accounting
- Control expenses within budget constraints.
- Drive target net working capital levels
- Coordinate guarantees and standby letters of credit with
- Review and approve bi-weekly payroll for the location with
- Review and advise on contracts, terms, and conditions.
Whats in it for you? There's no monopoly on good ideas or limits to
how far you can advance with our team. We offer an open,
communicative environment that fosters individual initiative. We
pride ourselves in being a company where people choose to build a
career and find professional happiness. In addition to growth
opportunities, as a ProMach employee, you receive more than just a
paycheck. Total compensation includes your salary, comprehensive
medical/dental and well-being programs, as well as life insurance,
a generous paid time off program, and a retirement savings plan
with a company match. And because we understand the importance of
feeling protected, there is no waiting period for benefits you are
eligible on your first day of employment! If this sounds like you,
we want to connect!
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance.
- 8-10 years experience in finance and accounting, strong
preference for manufacturing environment.
- Strong background in financial analysis.
- Strong computer skills, specifically Excel and Word.
- Experience with various ERP and software programs (Syteline
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Analytical skills to synthesize complex or diverse information,
collect and research data, use intuition and experience to
complement data and design workflows and procedures.
- Must be a proven hands-on team player driven to meet company
Pro Mach, Inc. We have been named to the Inc. 5,000 list of the
fastest growing private companies in the U.S. seven times. We
continue to introduce innovative products, enter new markets,
expand our global presence, and actively acquire new capabilities.
We have the rewards, opportunities, and the market strengths of a
large organization combined with the entrepreneurial culture of a
small, fast-paced company. You will enjoy the benefits of working
with a growing company that competes globally with the personal
touch and feel of a smaller company where you can make an impact
every day. Curious about life at ProMach? Follow us on LinkedIn,
Twitter, and Instagram! More career opportunities to consider! Pro
Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach uses E-Verify to
verify employment eligibility of all new hires to work in the
United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace. We will ensure
that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodation to participate in the job application or interview
process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other
benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
accommodation. #PACE #INPAC
Keywords: Pace Packaging LLC, Hackensack , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Saddle Brook, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!