ETD Clerical Associate I
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: January 8, 2020
How have you impacted someone s life today* At Hackensack Meridian
Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of
our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every
day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health
teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities,
our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your
skills in multiple settings while building your career all within
New Jersey s premier healthcare system.
The Emergency Trauma Department (ETD) Clerical Associate I greets
all patients and attending physicians in the ETD utilizing the
principles of the quality standards under the supervision of the
ETD Clinical Manager (or designee), registers all patients
accurately, conducts insurance verification, maintains the ETD
tracking system, and assists in maintaining appropriate telephone
communications within the ETD inclusive of the switchboard.
1. Performs all activities associate with patient processing
including, but not limited to: providing all registration materials
to patient/family member; verifying all patient information during
registration; maintaining contact with managed care providers to
avoid denial of payment.
2. Types/data entry in Medical Center's Information System.
3. Maintains and updates the Tracking System within the ETD to
assure accurate location of patients.
4. Keeps the Triage Census Board up to date as assigned.
5. Notifies police departments and/or ambulance corps of bypass or
diverts as directed by the ETD Clinical Manager (or designee).
6. Follows written protocols for notification of helicopter
7. Responds immediately to Code 4168 code blue and Code 68 and
makes appropriate notifications.
8. Inputs physician orders accurately into the computer system or
makes out manual requisition slips for diagnostic studies.
9. Monitors charts to ensure presence and/or accuracy of physician
and nurse signatures, items to be charged, discharge times,
10. Determines what clerical supplies are needed and replenishes
those supplies in all areas of the ETD.
11. Orders patient care supplies at the request of the ETD Clinical
Director (or designee) taking care to adhere to inventory lists,
current inventory available, and avoiding overstocking or under
12. Reconciles the previous day's charts and follows established
procedures for daily batching to medical records.
13. Audits charts to assure accuracy of billing.
14. Retrieves records from HIM, PAS, Children's House, or off site
storage when necessary.
15. Maintains daily on call physician schedule for telephone
16. Participates in orientation of new clerical staff as
17. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
18. Adheres to the standard set forth in the Medical Center
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Minimum of 1 year experience in record keeping.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the
recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color,
creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, veteran status and any other category protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , ETD Clerical Associate I, Administration, Clerical , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!