Manager, Customer Service
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: January 6, 2020
How have you impacted someone s life today* At Hackensack Meridian
Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of
our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every
day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health
teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities,
our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your
skills in multiple settings while building your career all within
New Jersey s premier healthcare system.
The Manager, Customer Service of the Northern region of the
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) network directly manages through
proper planning and delegation the self pay collection, financial
counseling regarding payment arrangements, and Northern Region
charity care discounting functions for uninsured patients; assuring
timely follow-up and collection activities to ensure lowest
possible days in accounts receivable in a cost-effective manner.
This position identifies for senior management issues and
recommendations needed to increase departmental productivity, in an
efficient and cost-effective manner by which accounts receivable
would be reduced and effectively managed.
1. Performs duties which guide the management of the self pay
collection, including informing uninsured patients of the Northern
Region of Charity Care Policies when they inquire about bills; if
necessary, provides information regarding payment options and
create payment plans; modify coverages in system to denote
arrangements and terms.
2. Handles self pay accounts and their life cycle with all
connected aspects, such as collection activity on self pay
accounts, customer service, financial counseling, and
identification of self-pay accounts, charity care and referral to
outside agencies as Bad Debt.
3. Manages department performance as it relates to accounts
receivable for the Northern Region.
4. Manages daily self-pay dashboards for the all of the Northern
5. Develops reporting tools for management utilizing the current
information system and/or identifying other software programs to
achieve desired reporting outcomes.
6. Monitors accounts receivable reports and conducts analytical
reviews to determine where additional emphasis needs to be placed
to ensure the goal of timely and proper patient collection efforts,
referrals to financial counseling, customer satisfaction and
referral to outside collection agencies.
7. Requests, obtains, and distributes accounts receivable
monitoring reports to the appropriate supervisor. Responsible for
the ultimate delegation to review and assign to subsequent
8. Establishes realistic functional standards utilizing best
practice standards as benchmark and develops measurement tools to
attain objective performance measure and reviews performance in
relationship to the standards established.
9. Monitors and analyzes the performance of outside collection
agencies and their compliance with state legislature and internal
policies for the Northern Region.
10. Handles dissemination of accounts receivable goals and targets
and performance goals to supervisors and staff in a timely manner
to aid achievement of these goals.
11. Handles the development and implementation of quality assurance
measurements and standards, including completion of internal and
12. Coordinates and designs educational training programs with
training manager on a scheduled basis for staff.
13. Implements any new software or systems that have been
administratively approved that relate to this function.
14. Selects outside collection vendors and analyzes their cost to
return value for Northern Region.
15. Maintains current knowledge of managed care contracts, State
regulations regarding collection practices by phone and mail, HIPAA
and HCFA rules and regulations and processes connected to the
16. Other duties and projects as assigned.
17. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's degree in business administration with concentration
in Finance or Management.
2. Minimum of 4 years' experience in a management role with a focus
on collections/customer service.
3. In depth knowledge of all aspects of collections/customer
service, experience in analysis of account receivable reports,
experience with implementation of performance measurements.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. PC proficiency on Windows Suite and EPIC experience.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the
recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color,
creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, veteran status and any other category protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Manager, Customer Service, Executive , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!