Sr. Associate, Commercial Banking/Vehicle Finance Risk Management
Posted on: March 11, 2020
Sr. Associate, Commercial Banking/Vehicle Finance Risk
Management-2000094DescriptionCommercial Banking Santander's
Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital,
treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of
small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the
country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific
industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending,
energy, education, health care and government.
Our clients rely on the strength of Santander's balance sheet and
the degree to which our relationship managers understand their
businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling
solutions. In addition, Santander's significant international
presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help
companies grow their business, both near and far.
This is a senior associate level Business Control Officer position
within Commercial Banking that is embedded with our Commercial
Equipment & Vehicle Finance group. The Sr. associate position is
responsible for the continual development, implementation, and
oversight of CEVF's overall risk program which includes Risk &
Control Self Assessments, Exam Management, Issue Management, and
helping to measure the units risk appetite. This position will
support CEVF's leadership team in all aspects of risk management
and help to align risk programs within the unit to the banks
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes documentation for evidence of successful and efficient
- Applies developing knowledge and supports the design,
assessment, and/or administration of quality assurance programs,
practices and policies.
- Assists in the collection and initial analysis of data,
preparation of business owner control surveys.
- Conducts quality audits on all routine and complex transactions
and correspondence to ensure proper processing according to
established quality standards.
- Develops training on policies and procedures concerning
controls and risk management.
- Independently conduct internal control testing including
on-site observations, interviews with management and staff,
analytical procedures and statistical/judgmental analysis and
testing of data.
- Interprets regulations affecting control standards with large
degree of independence and suggests methods of updating policies
and practices to address any risk concerns.
- Leads operating process and internal control improvement
- Manages complex projects that involve working with businesses
to improve controls to mitigate any deficiencies.
- Partners with Internal Audit, Compliance, and/or Operations
Management to share information and escalate issues as needed.
- Provides thematic analysis of issues for business to identify
- Reports audit results and determines corrective action plans,
- Reviews current policies and procedures to identify process
gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews, monitors and tests internal controls and procedures
associated with products, services, customers and operations.
- Through walkthroughs and testing, identifies possible internal
control breakdowns and gaps and report them to management.
- Works with the business to understand the controls currently in
place to minimize risk.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and
strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively
encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree; Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk
Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent
- Master's Degree; Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk
Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent
field, or equivalent work experience.
- 9-12 years of experience in Risk Management of Vehicle
Finance/Commercial areas, Internal Controls, Auditing, Credit
Management, or relevant line of business experience.
- Risk Certifications are preferred.
- Ability to build credibility with, collaborate with, and
influence line of business executives.
- Ability to build internal and external networks of information
resources within the risk management ecosystem.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external service
providers to establish resource requirements, scheduling,
assignments and service levels.
- Ability to constructively work both independently and in
collaborative environments involving all levels of management and
- Advanced understanding of the regulatory environment and how
the risks of the products and services the bank offers are viewed
by the Second Line of Defense and regulators.
- Demonstrated experience supporting and/or leading risk projects
across multiple business lines offering a wide variety of financial
services products and services.
- Excellent analytical and complex problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of the financial services sector, particularly with
the competitive dynamics and products in retail banking and risk
- Strong project management skills.
- Understanding of BSA/AML and OFAC regulations, regulatory
expectations and industry leading practices.Competencies
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner.
- Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and
confirms agreed-upon actions.
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and
- Communicates the importance and benefits of risk management to
- Displays natural skepticism and curiosity to question the
status quo and uncover issues.
- Adheres to a good root cause analysis process.
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards
shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change Provides
assistance and coaches less experienced team members.
- Executes risk management process and procedures without
management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected
- Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results.
- Has an understanding of regulations impacting area
- Follows through to meet commitments to others Takes
responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing
multiple complex demands.
- Knows who to reach out to inside and outside of one's team to
get work done.
- Takes action to enhance working relationships needed to achieve
seamless work flow.
- Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging
- Has good understanding of current market and competitive
landscape that the organization operates within.
- Uses information and data effectively to support a position and
present a rational case. - #LI-RK1Job:Business ControlPrimary
Location:New York-Melville-3 Huntington Quadrangle - 06471 -
MelvilleOther Locations:New Jersey-Florham Park-200 Park Avenue -
06400 - Florham ParkOrganization:Commercial Banking
(4700)Schedule:Full-timeJob Posting:Jan 9, 2020, 7:23:13 PM
Keywords: Santander, Hackensack , Sr. Associate, Commercial Banking/Vehicle Finance Risk Management, Executive , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!