Technical Director - Rail/Transit Communications Systems
Company: Parsons Corp.
Location: New York
Posted on: May 21, 2019
DEMAND FOR EFFICIENT AND SAFE TRANSIT IS AT AN ALL-TIME HIGH! SINCE
1944, PARSONS HAS SET THE STANDARD FOR SAFE, EFFECTIVE, AND
RELIABLE RAIL AND TRANSIT SYSTEMS AROUND THE GLOBE. PARTNERING WITH
MORE THAN 400 TRANSIT AGENCIES, WE HAVE WORKED ON EVERY MAJOR
TRANSIT SYSTEM IN NORTH AMERICA AND MANY OF THE MOST RENOWNED
Are you an industry leader with design experience on complex
network systems and Rail Transportation infrastructure* We are
seeking a Technical Director to expand our Rail/Transit
Communications team in North America Systems Division. In this
role, you will play a key role in developing business strategy,
business development, and leading technical teams on large complex
projects in Rail communications. The successful candidate will be
an effective seller/doer that balances business development,
operational and client management and project management
responsibilities. Willingness to travel to client or project site
locations is expected.
The candidate will have a broad range of knowledge and experience
in the design and implementation of the following Systems
disciplines: Rail Coms/Telecom Systems Integration, Engineering and
Operations, Wayside/Backbone communication networks design
experience, CBTC or PTC integration, SCADA integration, rail,
positive train control (PTC), vehicle, Safety Certification,
Testing and Commissioning Systems. Candidate must have experience
with and understanding of design build (DB) and design bid build
(DBB) project delivery.
Client Management is a key aspect of the job and the candidate will
be responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships.
The ideal candidate will be able to foster trusted advisor type
relationships with local clients such as NYCT, TTC, PANYNJ, BART,
MUNI, VTA, and other Transit agencies to position Parsons for new
Rail Transit Systems opportunities as well as grow existing
opportunities. Additionally, the candidate will establish
relationships with other consultants, DBEs/SBEs, General
Contractors and Electrical Contractors in support of teaming on
* Create a challenging professional environment of innovation,
opportunity, development and continuous improvement that supports
* Develop strategic initiatives and business plans for the area
that align with the overall goals of the region and division.
* Assesses present and future needs, trends, problems and
identifies profit opportunities for the Rail Systems Group.
* Participate in development of policies and procedures related to
the operations of Rail, Transit and Industrial Systems.
* Successfully win and manage complex systems projects within the
operational and strategic framework.
* Recruit, retain and develop top industry talent.
* Review and appraise performance of subordinate managers and
recommends compensation changes as appropriate.
* Commitment to quality and continuous improvement through
innovation, creative thinking and improved results.
* Establish and maintain cooperative and productive work
relationships with all employees, clients and other
* Ensure consistency in project quality, budgetary constraints and
expectations and that appropriate monitoring and control mechanisms
are developed and administered.
* Ability to represent Parsons in industry policy and engineering
* Enhance Parson s profile and extend to adjacent markets
* 20+ years of related work experience in signaling and/or
rail/transit communication systems (Signaling, Wayside, CBTC,
* 5+ years of Technical Leadership/staff management experience on
large Rail/Transit projects
* Technical experience in the area of Communications systems
design, testing and integration
* BS in Electrical Engineering or related technical field
* Design-build experience preferred
* Licensed PE preferred
* Knowledge of the Engineering and Construction industry and
Transportation Infrastructure business
* Excellent technical and management skills, Strong organizational
skills, collaborative skills as well as ability to new and evolving
requirements within a matrix environment
* Entrepreneurial approach to the business
* Core values include safety, quality, integrity, diversity,
innovation, and sustainability
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to
diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected
Keywords: Parsons Corp., Hackensack , Technical Director - Rail/Transit Communications Systems, Executive , New York, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!