Surgical Tech I
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: January 11, 2020
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Hackensack Meridian
Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients
by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our
hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our
long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete
spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in
multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Surgical Tech I is responsible for cleaning and handling
instruments following standard policies while maintaining updated
A day in the life of a Surgical Tech I at Hackensack Meridian can
be described as follows:
1. Follows policy in standardization of set-ups and utilization of
surgeon preference and assumes responsibility for the care and
proper handling of instruments by neatly organizing all
instrumentation before returning to decontamination room and
returning all clean supplies to designated areas.
2. Maintains count of sponges, needles, instruments and
administrates and labels medications all accordingly to established
3. Handles specimens according to O.R. Policy and Procedures.
4. Controls contamination and provides for decontamination,
disinfections, sterilization and sanitation of instruments and
5. Removes used equipment and properly disposes of contaminated
needles and syringes at end of procedures.
6. Participates in team conference to plan care and evaluates
effectiveness of patient care and assists circulator in revising
plan of care.
7. Maintains ST skills proficiency checklist up to date by checking
off equipment and cases, circulating or scrub when rotated through
8. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
9. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist Program or
appropriate training program.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
1. Certified Surgical Technologist.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the
recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color,
creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, veteran status and any other category protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Surgical Tech I, Healthcare , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!