Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: March 28, 2020
How have you impacted someone s life today* At Hackensack Meridian
Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of
our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every
day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health
teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities,
our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your
skills in multiple settings while building your career all within
New Jersey s premier healthcare system.
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist performs a variety of technical
procedures that requires moderate independent judgment, ingenuity,
and initiative in the utilization of radio nuclides for the
diagnosis and therapy of disease in humans.
***This is an evening shift position.
1. Provides immobilization devices as required.
2. Selects and operates Nuclear Medicine equipment as directed.
3. Evaluates radio images using the PACS System to ensure that
radio images contain proper identification and are of diagnostic
4. Provides radiation protection for self and the patient in
accordance with prescribed safety.
5. Prepares and administers radiopharmaceuticals to the
6. Performs radionuclide procedures on patients inclusive of organ
imaging, function studies, and assisting the physician in the
therapeutic use of radioisotopes under prescribed safety
7. Prepares radioactive tracer compounds for patient use.
8. Calibrates equipment and assays radio nuclides.
9. Receives and inspects radiopharmaceutical packages according to
state and NRC guidelines.
10. Maintains adequate records of radioisotope receipt, use,
storage, and disposal in accordance with state and federal
regulations governing the accountability for radioactive materials;
maintains other records as directed.
11. Maintains orderliness and cleanliness including provisions for
contamination-free conditions of room, equipment, and
12. Follows all NRC, State JCAHO guideline/practices.
13. Evaluates images using PACS workstation to make certain that
images contain proper identification and are of diagnostic
14. Rotate work assignments as needed such as Cardiology and
15. Performs required daily clerical duties, which include the use
of EPIC, Teletracking System, Nuclear Medicine Information System,
patient scheduling and computer processing associated with patient
16. Responsible for scheduled shifts including holidays and
17. Overtime as needed to provide continual quality patients
18. On call assignments as needed per Department of Radiology
19. Greets in/out patients when they arrive for their exam
utilizing A.I.D.E.T. standards.
20. Adheres to the policies of Employee ID, Standards of Behavior,
Attendance, and Punctuality.
21. Identifies the needs of patient population served and modifies
and delivers care that is specific to needs (i.e., age, culture,
language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process
includes communication with the patient, parent, and/or primary
caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational,
22. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Graduate of an approved School of Nuclear Medicine
2. Must be able to perform CPR.
3. ARRT Registry and/or CNMT Registry.
4. Maintains CEU Credits.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. 1 year of Nuclear Medicine experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
2. Nuclear Medical Technologist License.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the
recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color,
creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, veteran status and any other category protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Healthcare , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!