Nurse Practitioner - Full Time
Company: Regional Cancer Care Associates
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Exciting opportunity for Nurse Practitioner to join established
Oncology/Hematology practice. Currently, we are seeking a full-time
Nurse Practitioner to join a team of physicians and nurse
Job Summary: The Advanced Practice Nurse will care for inpatient
solid tumor oncology patients.
- Applies evidence and value-based practices to achieve positive
outcomes for patients and families.
- Demonstrates clinical expertise by utilizing advanced
assessment and leadership skills.
- Evaluates patients on a daily basis and ensure plan of care is
- Provides culturally diverse and educationally appropriate
health management education.
- Facilitates patient-centered coordinated care through
participation at daily interdisciplinary team rounds and staff RN
- Serves as a clinical resource to nursing staff,
patients/families, and other multidisciplinary team members across
the continuum to evaluate complex patients and identify appropriate
interventions and evaluation of outcomes.
- Acts as a resource to staff for addressing clinical, process,
and system opportunities for improvement which promote excellence
in care and clinical outcomes.
- Builds credibility with medical staff as nursing experts for
patient care, quality of care, and the profession of nursing.
- Facilitates discharge of patients in a safe and timely
- Collaborates with consulting physicians to coordinate care of
complex oncology patient
- Evaluates/assesses hospital transfers and admissions.
- Identifies educational needs of patients/families and
collaborates with other multidisciplinary team members to implement
appropriate teaching materials.
- Works closely with collaborating physicians to provide quality
- Actively engages in research as a primary investigator or
- Masters degree in Nursing, Board Certified Advanced Practice
Nurse or Nurse Practitioner
- Minimum of 5+ years experience as a Registered Nurse in
Palliative Care or Hospice
- Current valid NJ State Professional Nurse Practitioner
- Board certification in Advanced Hospice and Palliative Care a
- Position requires fluency in the English language to function
in a job environment appropriately
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and follow-through
- Ability to have difficult conversations with patients,
families, and physicians that result in the establishment of
patient-centered goals of care
- Ability to work autonomously in the areas of patient care,
resource management, program development and other areas of
- Demonstrate knowledge of current computer systems, equipment or
programs used in the organization.
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K with profit sharing
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability
- Paid Holidays
Keywords: Regional Cancer Care Associates, Hackensack , Nurse Practitioner - Full Time, Healthcare , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!