Flight RN F/T Days
Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Provides high quality nursing care including assessment, triage,
and treatment utilizing established standards and guidelines
assesses the nature and extent of illness or injury to establish
and prioritize the care needed for safe transport of the critical
patient to the appropriate facility; is qualified to provide care
for patients across the life span in his/her assigned clinical
1. Provides safe nursing care from the initial contact until
patient care is relinquished to the accepting medical facility. 2.
Maintains competency in knowledge and psychomotor skills by
participating in ongoing didactic, simulation, and clinical
3. Maintains required certifications and licensure.
4. Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues,
EMS representatives, representatives of other facilities, and the
5. Participates in both patient and referring institution
6. Participates in planned outreach, marketing, and educational
7. Functions as a medical flight member.
* Attends pre-mission briefings and mission debriefings and
completes necessary documentation.
* Assists in pre-mission liftoff checklist and assists pilot as
requested, i.e., radio, navigational, and visual observation
* Complies with safety standards to assure safety of self, medical
personnel, patient, and equipment.
* Serves as a flight resource to neonatal/pediatric personnel when
transporting specialty patients by helicopter.
* Performs advanced skills and procedures as approved by Hackensack
UMC Air Medical Director
* Serves as a role model, educator and clinical resource.
* Acts as a preceptor and/or participates in orientation of new
employees and students as assigned.
* Acts as a liaison and communicates program goals and
* Participates in continuing and outreach education programs.
* Conducts aircraft safety briefings as needed.
* Maintains awareness of current issues related to pre-hospital
care through participation in professional activities, i.e.,
national, state legislative-elected or appointed.
* Attends and participates in meetings according to established
* Develops standards and guidelines related to the flight program
* Participates in departmental quality improvement activities as
* Undertakes and maintains projects as assigned (to include
research and publishing opportunities).
8. Other duties as assigned.
9. Demonstrates ability to instill, cultivate and contribute to the
vision and strategic planning for the blueprint of nursing and the
shared governance model.
10. Consistently provides comprehensive patient centered care to
complex patients; using nursing/problem solving process.
11. Demonstrates a well developed expertise in assessment skills of
patients and processes of care delivery.
12. Plans individualized care based on assessment and implements
plan to achieve appropriate outcomes in collaboration with the
13. Evaluates and expeditiously alters the plan of care.
14. Accurately documents components of nursing process per HUMC
policy and assist others with this task.
15. Demonstrates and role models expert communication skills
consistently and facilitates effective communication among
16. Demonstrates ability to facilitate ethical decision making.
17. Demonstrates proficiency utilizing and teaching others to use
clinical policy/procedures as well as other practice references on
HUMC intranet as resource to deliver proper patient care and
achieve desired outcomes.
18. Demonstrates current evidence-based practice and disseminates
information specific to patient care and coaches others to
participate in evidenced-based practice.
19. Recognize and responds to opportunities to promote and market
20. Demonstrates ability to use patient satisfaction data and
service recovery strategies as a factor in designing patient care
21. Adheres to American Nurses Association Code of Ethics for
Nurses with Interpretive Statements.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing Experience: Minimum
three years critical care/emergency nursing experience.
2. Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator or Emergency Vehicle
3. Hazardous Materials Awareness or Hazardous Materials
4. Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100 or Introduction
to Incident Command System, ICS-100.b or Introduction to Incident
Command System for Healthcare/Hospitals or National Incident
Management System Course. 5. Incident Command System, ICS-200 or
ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents or Applying
ICS to Healthcare Organizations.
6. ICS-100.HCb National Incident Management System (NIMS) An
Introduction or NIMS-100 National Incident Management System (NIMS)
7. ICS-800 National Response Framework, An Introduction or
ICS-800.b National Response Framework, An Introduction or IMS-800
National Response Framework, An Introduction.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. BSN or Bachelors degree in health-related field
2. Previous Critical Care Transport experience
3. Previous Flight experience preferred
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License.
2. Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic Certification or Mobile
Intensive Care Nurse Certification.
3. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification or BLS
4. Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification or ACLS Instructor
5. Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification or PALS Instructor
6. Trauma Nursing Core Course Certification or International Trauma
Life Support Certification or Prehospital Trauma Life Support
Certification or Tactical Combat Casualty Care or Transport
Professional Advanced Trauma Course.
7. Certified Flight Registered Nurse or Acute and Critical Care
Nursing Adult Certification or Certified Emergency Nurse or
Certified Transport Emergency Nurse.
8. Valid Driver's License from a USA state.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack , Flight RN F/T Days, Healthcare , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!