Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: VNS Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
OverviewProvides high quality nursing care and personal care to
patients under the direction of the registered professional nurse
consistent with VNSNY philosophy, policy, goals and objectives, and
Standards of Nursing Practice. Provides nursing care to patients in
any of the service areas. Works under moderate
- Utilizes skills of observation, interviewing and
physical/psychosocial assessment to gather relevant data in
identifying changes in condition, and assesses patient living
conditions and family situations, alerting the registered
professional nurse or coach, as appropriate.
- Travels to patients' homes and/or other facilities with varying
environments (e.g., elevated buildings, walk-ups, care facilities,
single/multiple family homes, presence of pets, etc.) using
approved transportation options to deliver direct care to the
- Delivers nursing care to patients in any of VNSNY's
- Provides nursing care in accordance with VNSNY policies,
practices, procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice, which may
require standing, stooping, sitting, crouching, bending and
stretching to deliver patient care. -
- Transports and utilizes required medical equipment and supplies
using VNSNY designated/supplied carrying case weighing
approximately 25 - 30 lbs. to and from patient homes/care
facilities, VNSNY offices and other locations.
- Participates in the development of treatment plans and
interventions with the registered professional nurse.
- Assists the registered professional nurse in carrying out the
care plan and performing specialized duties when necessary.
- Provides health instructions to patients and family caregivers
in accordance with the registered professional nurse's plan of
- Performs technical procedures safely, efficiently, legally and
within the scope of practice.
- Documents assessment findings; treatment and interventions
provided with patient/family responses in accordance with VNSNY
Home Care policies.
- Assumes responsibility for personal professional growth.
- Understands and interprets agency reimbursement policy.
- Collaborates with teammates in setting of team goals,
establishment of performance measures, and evaluation of team
- Participates in activities that support achievement of team
goals and responsibilities.
- Participates in coordination of day to day service delivery
operations of team (e.g. coordination of patient coverage during
planned and unplanned absences of teammates.
- Demonstrates awareness and appreciation of roles and
contributions of individual team members.
- Participates in peer review with other team members and coach
- Participates in the orientation of new team members.
- Serves as team representative for special events and projects,
- Participates in team meetings and other team activities.
- Shares accountability with team members for achieving team
- Performs other duties, as needed, including personal care
- For CMHS only:
- Patient assignments are for routine long acting injections and
- For Hospice and Home Care only:
- Assists patients with activities of daily living, which may
require positioning, moving, transferring and lifting patients of
varying weights and physical conditions, with and without
assistance and as appropriate, from family members and/or
paraprofessionals.QualificationsLicensure: - License and current
registration to practice as an LPN in New York State required. -
Valid driver's license may be required as determined by
operational/regional needs.Education: - High School Diploma or
completion of LPN Program required.Experience: - Minimum of two
years work experience as an LPN required. - Bilingual skills may be
required as determined by operational needs. Home care/hospice
experience preferred.For CMHS only: Experience working in mental
health and/or home care strongly preferred.For Hospice only: -
Employee will be hired to perform nursing care duties in primarily
one area of service (Home Care visits, Hospice Residence shifts, or
Crisis Care visits). - However the nurse will be cross-trained in
each service area and will be expected to perform nursing care
duties in all three Hospice services, as needed.
Keywords: VNS Health, Hackensack , Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!