Emergency Medicine Clinical Pharmacist
Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: September 13, 2022
Overview How have you impacted someone's life today? At
Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on
changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level
of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and
occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home
care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you
to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your
career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. The
Clinical Pharmacist I is responsible for involvement in the
clinical aspects of pharmaceutical patient care including
interaction with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare
providers. Responsibilities A day in the life of a Clinican
Pharmacist I at Hackensack Meridian Health includes: * Identifies,
resolves, and prevents drug-related problems.
* Recommends and monitors drug therapy.
* Participates in the department's drug formulary review process,
including the preparation of drug monographs for review by the
Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
* Participates in drug guideline and order set development.
* Participates in drug research related activities.
* Participation on various Medical Center committees and service
lines as dictated by specific area(s) of expertise (e.g.,
cardiology, oncology, pediatrics).
* Provides drug information to various health care providers.
* Serves as a resource to the department in area(s) of expertise by
helping to ensure that drug treatment plans and drug therapies are
safe and effective.
* Participates in and assists in conducting educational programs
for physicians, nurses, pharmacists, pharmacy students, and other
health care providers.
* Participation in pharmacy student rotation program.
* Participates in the Pharmacy Practice Residency program as a
preceptor and member of the Residency Advisory Committee.
* Assists with staffing as deemed necessary by the Director of
* Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.)
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or
primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
* Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Organizational Competencies. Qualifications Education, Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities Required: * Graduate of an ACPE accredited
school of pharmacy with a minimum of a Pharm.D. Degree.
* Completion of a clinical pharmacy residency program or 5 years of
hospital pharmacy experience with a minimum of three years in
clinical practice. Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Preferred: * Advanced training in a specialty area (e.g., oncology,
pediatrics, cardiology, infectious disease, etc.). Licenses and
Certifications Required: * Registered Pharmacist License. If you
feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and
capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack , Emergency Medicine Clinical Pharmacist, Healthcare , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!