RN, Visiting Nurse Homecare-Flexibility available-8 hour and 10 hour shifts (RN )
Company: Holy Name Hospital
Posted on: January 16, 2023
Home Health opening in Hackensack, New Jersey. Position Summary:
Coordinates and case manages total care of Home Care/Hospice
patients, instructs and supervises Home Health Aides. Education:
Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing. BSN preferred Experience:
One year medical/surgical experience in hospital setting or home
care experience preferred. Good physical assessment and
documentation skills. Ability to be self-directed and work
independently. Must have a valid driver s license and access to use
of an automobile. Job requires extensive walking, lifting,
crouching, stooping, reaching, kneeling, stair climbing viewing of
handwritten documents, driving and phone use. Responsibilities
include making home visits in various areas during inclement
weather and exposure to variable environmental conditions in the
home setting. Certification: Licensed to practice as a Registered
Nurse in the State of New Jersey Essential Functions of the
- The ability to comprehend spoken and written English, to
communicate with clarity, work independently with non-combative and
consistent behavior, good assessment and documentation skills, good
technical procedure skills and/or willingness to learn ability to
interact with a mixed patient population.
- Performs initial and ongoing physical, psychosocial
environmental assessment of Home Care patients.
- Develops an appropriate Home Care plan of care for each patient
to include: identification of nursing diagnoses, appropriate
nursing interventions, identification of goals with appropriate
time frames, referrals to other disciplines and/or community
resources, suitable discharge plan and evaluation of care at
- Explains all services to patients and anticipated visit
patterns and length of time services will continue, and understands
- Involves patient, family and/or caregiver in the plan of care,
identification of goals, and discharge plan.
- Assists patient, family and/or caregiver in obtaining durable
medical equipment and supplies essential to care.
- Collaborates with referral source to identify patient s needs,
obtain pertinent information needed to develop nursing care
- Arranges for foreign language of sign language interpreter for
patients if the need arises.
- Observes and records signs and symptoms of a disease process,
reports changes in the patient s physical and/or emotional
condition and response to the physician treatment and disciplinary
- Performs technical procedures within the scope of the board of
Nursing Registered Nurse licensure standards and home care
- Obtains signed consent forms prior to the initiation of
- Completes documentation on a timely basis and appropriately
documents vital signs, measurements, nursing interventions,
treatments, patient responses, admissions, assessments, narratives,
flow sheets, recertifications and discharges as per Home Care
- Communicates with the Nurse Manager/Director and other health
team members and social agency personnel in the planning,
implementing, evaluating and coordinating of services to the
patient and family in order to insure completeness and continuity
- Encourages and supports patient and family/caregiver
self-direction and independence while providing needed services and
facilitation of alternate community resources.
- Serves as the case manager in multi-disciplinary cases and
coordinates total patient care.
- Completes home Health Aide assignment sheets and instructs and
supervises the activities of Home Health Aides.
- Performs patient and family/caregiver teaching related to
diagnosis and treatment.
- Maintains a case load with productivity in compliance with
agency standards, (1 FTE=25 visits/week).
- Attends nursing staff meetings and in-services as
- Carries out responsibilities efficiently and effectively in
patient care and non-patient care areas.
- Promptly reports and keeps manager informed of patient specific
problems or complaints.
- Identifies personal areas for professional growth and
participates in continuing education programs.
- Participates in mandatory rotation for the on-call and weekends
per Home Care policy.
- Incorporates the physiological and developmental age of
patients into the overall plan for the delivery of patient
- Maintains and respects confidentiality.
- Demonstrates compliance with the Hospital and home care dress
code policy by appearing well groomed, wearing ID badge while on
duty and maintaining a professional appearance.
- Observes Hospital policy concerning Fire and Safety
regulations, Infection Control Standards. and other rules governing
conduct while at work.
- Demonstrates a commitment to work schedule by timely reporting
on and off duty and demonstrating good attendance.
- Provides proper notification in advance for absence and
- Understands and participates in home care Performance
Improvement Plan and process.
- Provides care and services to reflect a commitment to the HNH
- Accepts and completes additional responsibilities as directed
Keywords: Holy Name Hospital, Hackensack , RN, Visiting Nurse Homecare-Flexibility available-8 hour and 10 hour shifts (RN ), Healthcare , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!