Manager, Clinical Nutrition - Full Time - Day - Sign On/Incentive Bonus Available!
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Description: The Clinical Nutrition Manager plans, coordinates,
and manages the work operations of the clinical nutrition staff.
Primary responsibilities include assigning work to and supervising
clinical dietitians and nutrition assistants; establishing and
maintaining policies, standards, and programs for the provision of
optimal, cost-effective patient care; monitoring clinical dietetic
performance for safety, efficacy, and evidence-based practice;
establishing a framework to collect and publish clinical outcomes
research; implementing and maintaining cost control procedures;
participating in the budget process and meeting budget targets;
recruiting, hiring, and orienting team members; interacting with
hospital management and professional team members; and maintaining
professional competency and skills required for professional
Responsibilties: Clinical Nutrition Operations
- Directs the nutrition care process through supervision of
clinical dietitians, nutrition assistants, including nutrition
screening, assessment, diagnosis, intervention, monitoring and
evaluation, education, and menu processing according to established
- Schedules clinical nutrition staff according to patient/client
needs and budget allocation.
- Implements and maintains cost control procedures, adhering to
budget constraints while ensuring quality service.
- Addresses questions and concerns of patients and families,
community members, and health professionals in accordance with
evidence-based nutrition practice and critical thinking and
- Demonstrates accountability for the proper use of patient's
protected health information and adherence to institutional safety
practices.Human Resource Management
- Develops job descriptions and determines levels of competency
necessary to meet mandatory job requirements.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and facilitates training of new
team members to meet department staffing needs.
- Manages, disciplines, and evaluates the performance of assigned
department personnel based on job requirements and core
competencies assigned to the job.
- Serves as a mentor to facilitate professional growth and job
satisfaction of team members.
- Provides or facilitates continuing education and training
opportunities for clinical nutrition staff. Business and Quality
- Assists in budget planning, projects revenue and productivity,
and establishes financial targets and objectives.
- Assesses, designs, implements, evaluates, and creates/updates
nutrition care policies and procedures to achieve cost containment
and improved patient outcomes.
- Monitors clinical outcomes and adjusts processes to ensure
evidence-based practices and improve team member and patient
- Utilizes an organizationally approved nutrition care manual and
evidence analysis library source; establishes institution-specific
nutrition practice guidelines; keeps abreast of new developments
and implements new clinical practices as appropriate.
- Develops, initiates, and monitors quality initiatives and
patient safety practices in accordance with The Join Commission and
other accrediting organizations.
- Assists in achieving compliance with regulatory agency
standards, including state and federal standards.
- Creates and implements a strategic plan that positions
dietitians in key roles as providers of Medical Nutrition Therapy
(MNT), resulting in high-quality, high-value, and cost effective
- Establishes and integrates department goals with hospital-wide
and network-wide annual goals and visions to provide optimal
- Monitors and integrates technological advances that enhance
efficiency as appropriate.Professional Interface
- Interacts with hospital administration, medical, nursing and
allied health professional, and foodservice staff to promote
interdisciplinary communication and cooperation and to ensure
patient's nutritional needs are met.
- Attends and participates in interdisciplinary teams and
- Coordinates schedules and serves as a preceptor for nutrition
and dietetics interns and students.
- Coordinates staff resources to provide community events and
- Collaborates with corporate teams, state and national health
care professionals, and professional organizations via information
exchange, benchmarking tools, and attendance at national
- Evaluates nutrition care protocols using principles of
evidence-based practice to establish and/or improve nutrition
- Mentors department staff in presenting and/or publishing
articles, abstracts, or results of research studies in professional
journals or at professional meetings.
- Reviews current literature regularly to ensure the most recent
advancements in nutrition care are incorporated into nutrition
practices and protocols.Professional Development
- Continuously improves knowledge of nutrition issues and
policies, research related to products or services, and
- Develops and implements an individualized portfolio plan for
professional growth and development, including participation in
professional organizations and activities, workshops, seminars, and
staff development programs.
- Applies Scope of Practice, Standards of Excellence, Standards
of Practice (SOP), and Standards of Professional Performance (SOPP)
tools for credentialed nutrition and dietetics practitioners to
determine competence, advance practice, and measure and evaluate an
organization -s programs, services, and initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Masters degree in dietetics, foods and nutrition, or related
area, granted by a US regionally accredited college or university,
or foreign equivalent.
- Completion of required dietetics coursework and supervised
practice through a Didactic Program in Dietetics and Dietetic
Internship, or a Coordinated Program in Dietetics accredited by the
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics
(ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience as a clinical dietitian, with
minimum of 2 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and ability to
communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
- Communicates responsibly and professionally with team members
and establishes an ongoing means of communication with staff.
- Analyzes and resolves difficult or sensitive challenges by
dealing with facts.
- Resolves conflicts using constructive coaching techniques while
providing team members with feedback that is timely, clear, and
- Supports a positive environment in which team members
participate, respect, and cooperate with each other to achieve
- Empowers teams to achieve goals by providing resources,
training, responsibility, and authority.
- Organizes multiple tasks, establishes priorities, and meets
deadlines for assignments and responsibilities.
- Cooperatively and effectively works with people from all
organizational levels and builds consensus through negotiation and
- Develops, maintains, and strengthens partnerships with others
inside or outside the organization who can provide information,
assistance, and support.
- Possesses knowledge of health and nutrition associations,
publications, influencers, general landscape, and key issues
affecting nutrition and health.
- Manages resources to maximize efficiency and effectiveness;
recognizes and leverages team member's skills and abilities.
- Sets clear, meaningful, challenging, and attainable goals and
expectations that are aligned with the department and the
organization.Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Registered Dietician License.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Manager, Clinical Nutrition - Full Time - Day - Sign On/Incentive Bonus Available!, Healthcare , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!