Certified Pharmacy Technician
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Description: How have you impacted someone's life today? At
Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on
changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level
of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and
occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home
care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you
to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your
career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. The
Certified Pharmacy Technician provides technical support for the
registered pharmacist in order to provide the pharmacist with
sufficient time to focus on required functions. Responsibilities
include the filling of orders and maintenance of appropriate supply
levels in filling areas.
Responsibilties: A day in the life of a Certified Pharmacy
Technician at Hackensack Meridian -Health includes:
- Prepares designated IV additive preparations using appropriate
aseptic technique under the supervision of a registered
- Prepares medication trays.
- Delivers or tubes (pneumatic tube system) medication to patient
care areas in accordance with departmental policies.
- Ensures security, proper storage and delivery of all
medications, supplies and orders.
- Prepares medication orders under the oversight of a registered
- Inspects and delivers medication carts to patient care
- Assists the pharmacist in the maintenance of adequate drug
supplies in filling areas and gives notification regarding the need
to reorder supplies.
- Assures that the filling areas maintained in a neat and orderly
- Assists the pharmacist in maintaining the security of drug
- May resolve problems related to prescription inquiries.
- Escalates calls to a registered pharmacist as necessary.
- Provides appropriate documentation wherever and whenever
- Performs tasks associated with automated equipment and
maintains appropriate records as designated.
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs.
and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH's Organizational and Managerial competencies and
standards of behavior
Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent Education, Knowledge, Skills
and Abilities Preferred:
- Hospital experience with knowledge of unit dose dispensing and
IV admixtures, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Valid NJ Pharmacy Technician License.
- Valid Certification from PTCB or equivalent.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Certified Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!