Dietitian - Full Time - Day - Sign On/Incentive Bonus Available!
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description: The Dietitian will be assigned to specific in- and
out-patient care areas to provide nutritional services compatible
with established standards of practice and in compliance with state
and federal regulations, utilizing knowledge of growth and
development and an understanding of the range of treatment needed
by patients over the life cycle. This position assists with the
management of diet offices, and supervises nutrition
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
- Assesses patients' nutrition status as per individual facility
Nutrition Screening and Assessment policy and ensures that they
receive adequate and appropriate nutrition.
- Reads patient health/medical record and extracts information
pertinent to nutritional assessment.
- Visits and interviews patients and/or significant others to
obtain pertinent information for nutrition assessment
- Follows the nutrition care process to develop, document,
implement and evaluate a nutrition care plan, based on the
assessment of nutritional needs, for all patients where such need
- Counsels patients and/or family members on evidence based,
appropriate nutritional plan, principles of nutrition, food
selection and adaptation of plans to meet established life
- Develops, implements and evaluates educational programs for
patient and staff education.
- Interprets physicians' diet orders as received and initiates
the diet plan as prescribed.
- Once receives RDN Order Writing Privileges, writes specific
diet orders for each patient to meet their nutritional needs for
food, nutritional supplements, enteral nutrition, parenteral
nutrition, vitamin and mineral supplements, modular enhancements,
and miscellaneous orders as applicable to job title and as defined
in the Network/Enterprise and Facility Specific RDN Order Writing
- Passes an annual competency and completes quarterly
requirements to be granted and/or to maintain order writing
- Plays an active role in the patient's nutritional care and
readily communicates with Physician's/Licensed Independent
Practitioners (LIP) and the interdisciplinary team.
- Confers with nutrition assistants regarding accurate
modification of patients' menus as needed.
- Evaluates food distribution for conformance to dietary
prescriptions and quality standards.
- Participates in research projects and PI data collection and
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of
Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, meeting the
dietetic didactic requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited
to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.Education,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Acute care clinical experience.
- Working knowledge of HealthTouch or similar electronic
nutrition Kardex and EPIC.
- Pediatric experience is highly preferred for this
position.Licenses and Certifications Required:
- National registration and pertinent continuing education
credits maintained annually.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Dietitian - Full Time - Day - Sign On/Incentive Bonus Available!, Healthcare , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!