Travel Ultrasound Tech (Ultrasound)
Company: Cynet Health
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Weekly pay range - $2386.00 to $2652.00
- Cynet Healt ultrasound/sonographer is responsible for
day-to-day management and organization of designated scan room and
report all equipment faults and high risk situations.
- Provide, maintain and supervise a high standard of ultrasound
imaging service to clinicians and patients providing a clean and
- He or she accurately perform ultrasound scans with application
of a high level of theoretical, practical and technical knowledge
and skills.Reports To:
- Director of Clinical Services/ Clinical Imaging Manager of
contracted medical facility.
- Cynet Health staff Director of NursingDuties and
- To provide highly specialized clinical technical services for
accurate ultrasound diagnosis in the fields of
obstetric/gynaecology/general abdominal/small parts/musculoskeletal
and preferably vascular.
- Communicate with patients and staff in a friendly, clear and
effective and helpful manner.
- To accurately assess, implement and document examination
findings on the applicable worksheet for all procedures in line
with FRSL protocols and Radiologists
- Responsible for recording personally generated information
- Ensure that post-procedure instructions are provided to
- Be responsible for the safe use of expensive ultrasound
- Be responsible for the safe use and supervision of specialist
equipment used by junior staff/students.
- Identify medical consumable stock that requires ordering
- Regularly perform basic quality assurance/checks on equipment
and document in the relevant equipment files. Any faults are to be
reported to the Clinical Imaging Manager or Team Leader.
- Effective communication with orderlies, clerical staff,
clinicians, other health care professionals and patients at all
- Communicate complex scan findings including malignancy and
severe fetal abnormalities to Radiologist and Clinicians relating
to diagnosis in line with departmental protocols.
- Communicate highly sensitive results relating to fetal
abnormalities and fetal death to the Radiologist/Referrer to allow
for timely patient management.
- Use sympathy, empathy and persuasion in difficult situations
with patients who may be aggressive and demanding.
- Maintain and respect the patient's rights to confidentiality
- To have dexterity, coordination and sensory skills for
manipulating the ultrasound controls with one hand whilst
manipulating the probe with the other hand to obtain a high degree
of accuracy of the scan results.
- In view of the constant repetitive nature of the work it is
important to observe health and safety education and guidance to
prevent occupational overuse syndrome.
- Responsible for adhering to relevant legislation, regulations
that are applicable in the ultrasound department.
- To adhere to manual handing policy and infection control
practices.Minimum Job Requirements:
- BSc in Diagnostic Imaging or Dip in Medical Ultrasound
- Experience in General abdominal, Gynae and scrotal ultrasound
At least 2 years working.
- Excellent oral, written communication skills - Be a good
communicator with patient and staff.
Required for Onboarding
Keywords: Cynet Health, Hackensack , Travel Ultrasound Tech (Ultrasound), Healthcare , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...