Clinical Nurse Manager NP, IMT Brooklyn/SI
Company: VNS Health
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Provides direct psychiatric evaluation, medical assessment and
intervention to clients admitted to our Intensive Mobile Treatment
(IMT) program under Behavioral Health company at VNS Health. Our
Intensive Mobile Treatment (IMT) is an innovative program that
works with individuals with behavioral health issues who may have
other co-occurring stresses, such as homelessness and/or criminal
justice involvement. The team of clinicians and peers work with
clients to develop a personalized collaborative treatment designed
to engage them in the community in a meaningful way. Provides
medication management and assessment on an ongoing basis. Provides
consultation and education to other agencies and disciplines,
including other VNS Health services.
- -Assists in the overall management of the BH-IMT program. Acts
as a key resource in providing clinical and operational guidance
and support to assigned teams and other staff to achieve and
enhance team outcomes.
- Provides advanced nursing clinical care for clients in
accordance with current State and Federal rules and regulations for
nurse practitioner scope of practice and national standards of
care. Works under general direction.
- Performs psychiatric evaluations of identified clients.
- Assesses current administrative processes and clinical
protocols; identifies opportunities for improvement relating to
quality and cost while maintaining adherence to compliance and
nursing standards of care.
- Provides medication management, ongoing assessment, and
supportive counseling on a monthly basis, at a minimum.
- Evaluates need for physical evaluations and/or medical services
and make referrals, as indicated.
- Provides full scope of advanced nursing practice for targeted
client populations. Evaluates client responses to therapy and
interventions. Ensures revision of the inter-professional plan of
care as necessary to achieve quality outcomes.
- Consults with other mental health providers and community
agencies, including other VNS Health department/programs, as well
as members of the BH program, regarding individual clients.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and case
conferences for the BH program.
- Maintains client records in compliance with VNS Health, state,
city and federal requirements.
- Evaluates clients for psychiatric hospitalization, as
- Provides clinical supervision and direction to BH program
staff, including on-site observation of direct patient care and
participation as needed in direct care. Participates with BH
program staff and other appropriate VNS Health staff in the
development and implementation of in-service trainings.
- Collaborates with program management to ensure the provision of
the highest quality mental health services to clients. Participates
in the formulation and update of clinical and administrative
policies and procedures and the preparation of policy and procedure
- Encourages resistant clients to accept mental health services
through intervention with clients and/or family members.
- Participates in VNS Health and community programs and
education, as requested.
- Assists program management and any related staff in the
prevention, identification, and resolution of patient crises.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
Licenses and Certifications:
- License and current registration to practice as a Nurse
Practitioner in New York State Required
- Valid driver's license may be required, as determined by
- Master of Science in Nursing, or other graduate degree from a
nurse practitioner educational program registered by the New York
State Education Department as qualifying for NP licensure
- Minimum of three years of clinical experience in a mental
health setting specializing in children/adolescents and families
Keywords: VNS Health, Hackensack , Clinical Nurse Manager NP, IMT Brooklyn/SI, Healthcare , Lodi, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!