Paramedic Per Diem
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: July 26, 2019
How have you impacted someone s life today* At Hackensack Meridian
Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of
our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every
day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health
teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities,
our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your
skills in multiple settings while building your career all within
New Jersey s premier healthcare system.
The Paramedic Per Diem is responsible for providing advanced life
support services in our respective service area as outlined by
Hackensack University Medical Center and NJ Department of Health
Office of Emergency Medical Services. Provide quality pre-hospital
care to individuals of all age groups when delivering emergency
care and transportation.
***This is a Per Diem position.
1. Assists and supports all BLS providers and other agency
personnel at scene of an emergency when rendering pre-hospital
2. Provides effective pre-hospital care on a routine basis by
obtaining significant data from patient, patient's family and other
available sources. Completes a thorough physical examination so
that appropriate intervention can be instituted when necessary.
Observes, records and reports all pertinent medical information to
the medical control physician in an organized manner so that
appropriate therapy can be instituted in the pre-hospital phase.
Throughout transportation to medical facility keeps medical control
physician advised of patient condition and updates as
3. Operates an emergency vehicle in a safe manner when responding
to the scene of an emergency and during transfer to medical
4. Provides verbal and written reports to receiving medical
facility when transferring patient to emergency department staff.
Verbal report must be completed prior to responding to another
5. Completes an accurate handwritten or computer generated Mobile
ICU Patient Care Report Form as required by HUMC and OEMS
6. Completes all department forms/records and data entry as
required by Hackensack University Medical Center. Provides complete
and accurate activity log sheet and vehicle equipment
accountability form on a daily basis.
7. Documents controlled medication on appropriate form and on shift
activity form in accordance with Hackensack University Medical
Center and OEMS policy/procedure.
8. Ensures the maintenance and accountability for all MICU
equipment, vehicles and supplies at all MICU locations. Able to
trouble shoots and document if equipment failure exists and notify
appropriate personnel as necessary.
9. Follows duty roster for daily assignments at your respective
10. Documents all unusual occurrences/incidents, which may occur on
assigned shift and report to department supervisors.
11. Acts as a preceptor for paramedic students.
12. Provides care to the ALS patient that involves, lifting of
patients, carrying of equipment and the climbing in and out of
ambulances and tight spaces.
13. Completes yearly mandatory education training as required by
department, hospital & NJDOH & SS/OEMS.
14. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
15. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum of 2 years basis life support experience providing
emergency medical care.
3. Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator or Emergency Vehicle
4. Hazardous Materials Awareness or Hazardous Materials
5. Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100 or Introduction
to Incident Command System, ICS-100 or Introduction to Incident
Command System for Healthcare/Hospitals or National Incident
Management System Course.
6. Incident Command System, ICS-200 or ICS for Single Resources and
Initial Action Incidents or Applying ICS to Healthcare
7. National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction or
National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Associate's degree.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic Certification or Mobile
Intensive Care Nurse Certification or Paramedics Certification.
2. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification or BLS
3. Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification or ACLS Instructor
4. Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification or PALS Instructor
5. International Trauma Life Support Certification or Prehospital
Trauma Life Support Certification or Tactical Combat Casualty Care
or Trauma Nursing Core Course Certification.
6. Valid Driver's License from a USA state.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the
recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color,
creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, veteran status and any other category protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Paramedic Per Diem, Healthcare , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!