Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: September 13, 2019
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Hackensack Meridian
Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients
by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our
hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our
long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete
spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in
multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Staff Pharmacist is responsible for the dispensing and
monitoring of medication therapy in accordance with all applicable
regulations and standards.
* Complies with all state and federal regulations and Medical
Center policies and procedures relating to drug dispensing,
including appropriate handling of drug products, adherence to
security procedures, and completion of necessary documentation.
This includes appropriate control and dispensing of controlled
dangerous substances and investigational drugs.
* Reviews and dispenses medication orders and clarifies any and all
potential problems with orders.
* Monitors patient drug therapy regimens for allergies, drug-drug
interactions, drug-food interactions, and potential adverse
* Prepares admixtures using aseptic technique (e.g., IV solutions,
* Performs assigned unit inspections to assure proper maintenance
and storage of medication supplies, including emergency drug
* Oversees activities of ancillary personnel (Pharmacy Technicians
* Employs principles of safe medication practice as dictated by
departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
* Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.)
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or
primary caregiver(s) at their level (developing/age, educational,
* Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center
* Graduate of an APCE accredited school of pharmacy, or equivalent,
with a minimum of a BS degree in Pharmacy is required
* 1-2 years of hospital pharmacy experience is preferred
* Knowledge of unit dose dispensing and principles of aseptic
technique and related computer applications is preferred
* NJ Licensed Registered Pharmacist is required
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the
recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color,
creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, veteran status and any other category protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Staff Pharmacist, Healthcare , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!