Medical Receptionist - Primary Care (Physician Practice)
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: October 9, 2019
How have you impacted someone s life today* At Hackensack Meridian
Health our team members are focused on changing the lives of our
patients by providing the highest level of care and coaching each
and every day. Through the comprehensive care we provide, we are
confident that you will be able to apply your skills while building
your career within New Jerseys premier healthcare system.
The primary role of the Medical Receptionist is to provide
reception and clerical services under the supervision of the
practice manager and physician(s) for the patients and visitors of
the practice.These services may include billing, collections,
referrals, appointments, patient contact, and general secretarial
***Please Note: Saturday's will be rotated and there is potential
for an evening shift once a week.
A day in the life of a Medical Receptionist at Hackensack Meridian
* We take pride in providing excellent customer service.
* To help promote high levels of service, all team members greet
patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful
* At each patient encounter, team members respond promptly to
patients needs and listen with empathy both in person and on the
* Checks in patients; consistently and courteously verifies and
obtains required demographic information.
* Collects copayment and any applicable balances; Verifies
insurance eligibility; Ensures appropriate referrals are obtained
(spec ialty offices); Ensures patient completes appropriate
paperwork including but not limited to face sheet, ABN, and HIPAA
forms; Accurately enters patient demographic information in
* All aspects of the checkout process are completed accurately and
timely, and in a friendly manner.
* Reviews charge slip; posts charges/payments into system; collects
current and past due balance(s); schedules future appointment(s);
initiates referral process.
* Assists with financial responsibilities including: keeping
abreast of reimbursement and billing procedures; accurately
verifies information on audit journal; prepares bank deposits and
credit card batches; signs and dates completed daily cash receipts
log and summary and verifies and signs off on all money
* Maintains efficient and accurate filing and record maintenance
system. Assembles new patient folders and retrieves/returns records
according to protocol if on paper.
* Follows protocols established for EMR for scanning/filing
* Monitors general office supply inventory and equipment.
* Receives and directs all communication courteously and
consistently and according to HIPAA guidelines and office policy.
Records complete written (or EMR) messages legibly.
* Ensures that messages are delivered and followed up on in a
* Schedules appointments as per office protocol.Team Work in a
practice is critical to our success.
* This position also serves as a preloader for our EMR system.
* High School diploma or equivalent is required
* Prior receptionist or clerical experience in a medical office
* Epic experience preferred
* CPR certification a plus
* The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs,
a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our
patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork,
dedication to ongoing education, and the ability and passion to
deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of
patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the
recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color,
creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, veteran status and any other category protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Medical Receptionist - Primary Care (Physician Practice), Healthcare , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!