Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: November 8, 2019
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Hackensack Meridian
Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients
by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our
hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our
long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete
spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in
multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting in
providing clinical care to select patients under the supervision of
the professional nurse or licensed medical practitioner and
provides clerical office assistance.
A day in the life of a Certified Medical Assistant at Hackensack
Meridian can be described as follows:
Essential Generic Job Functions (List in order of importance):
1. Prepares exam room, treatment room, supplies and
2. Prepares patients for physician visit and examination assisting
3. Takes patient's vital signs and records in medical chart.
4. Understands proper function and care of special equipment.
5. Performs EKG, PFT, Audiometry, Titmus Test as indicated after a
performance evaluation checklist completion. Also performs UDS,
BAT, Phlebotomy, and other lab testing as indicated after
performance evaluation checklist completion.
6. Maintains records by completing patient records as directed;
file record and reports.
7. Assists with collections/billing procedures as needed.
8. Uses computer software to maintain office systems.
9. Identifies and responds to issues of confidentiality.
10. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
11. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Additional Essential Job Functions Ambulatory and Office:
12. Performs telephone and in-person screening.
13. Obtains and records patient history.
14. Prepares patient for and assists with procedures, treatments,
and minor office surgeries.
15. Applies pharmacology principles to prepare and administer oral
and parenteral (excluding medications).
16. Medication reconciliation.
17. Screens and follow-up test results.
18. Performs inventory of supplies and equipment.
19. Performs routine maintenance of administrative and clinical
20. Provides instruction for health maintenance and disease
21. Schedules appointments; obtains patient demographic and
financial information and enters information into electronic
practice management tools.
22. Communicates with licensed medical practitioners and delivers
information to patients as directed.
23. Schedules inpatient and outpatient admissions and
24. Organizes and files medical records.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant
Certification or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant or Nationally
Registered Certified Medical Assistant or National Certified
Medical Assistant or Registered Clinical Medical Assistant
Specialist or Medical Administrative Assistant Certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the
recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color,
creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, veteran status and any other category protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!