Pathology Report Specialist
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: November 9, 2019
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Hackensack Meridian
Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients
by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our
hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our
long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete
spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in
multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
In addition to performing clerical functions for the area, this
position is mostly responsible for gathering all of the necessary
information for testing, sending the information out to the correct
referral labs, and attaching the results to the medical record.
This position will also type up various reports for transfusion
reactions, autopsies, etc.
A day in the life of a Pathology Report Specialist at Hackensack
Meridian can be described as follows:
1. Accurately types information in a timely manner and is able to
work independently to maintain minimal department standards.
2. Prepares Send-Out specimens requested by pathologists,
oncologists, etc. to various reference labs.
3. Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology with correct
spelling and punctuations.
4. Responsible for proof reading all gross dictations.
5. Prepares pathologist letters of consultation which may include
proof reading and necessary editing along with preparation of all
slides/blocks, insurance information and pathology reports for fed
ex send out to outside institutions.
6. Prepares cases for various Tumor Board Conferences.
7. Types Blood Bank Antibody Reports and Transfusion reaction
reports on a daily basis.
8. Prepares patient second opinion requests.
9. Types preliminary and final autopsy reports working with the
Pathologist and Resident assigned to the case.
10. Handles incoming and outgoing telephone calls for the
department and ensures messages are delivered to appropriate
11. Reviews and distributes daily mail correspondence to
12. Orders office supplies and maintains inventory as needed.
13. Assists in retrieval and faxing of reports as requested.
14. Types on-call and rotation schedules for Anatomic
15. Performs typing function relevant to the department's operation
and upon request of the supervisor.
16. Complies data for quarterly autopsy turn around times.
17. Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor as
18. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Basic Medical Terminology.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. 1 - 2 years of clerical experience in healthcare.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the
recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color,
creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, veteran status and any other category protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Pathology Report Specialist, Healthcare , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!