Manager, Core Technologies Operations and Security
Company: Encore Technical Staffing LLC
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Manager, Core Technology Operations and Security
Director, Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
The Manager of Core Technology Operations and Security assumes
primary responsibility for computer systems, servers, system
operations, and cybersecurity. The manager shall ensure the
successful operation of computer systems and cybersecurity for the
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science or equivalent
education/experience required; Master's degree preferred.
Significant experience with servers, operating systems, email
systems, cybersecurity systems, virtualization, network technology
(switches, routers, etc.), backup systems, and other information
Experience in managing a hybrid cloud environment. Experience
managing all aspects of Information Systems staff.
Sufficient experience with list of technology responsibilities
Special Skills / Qualifications
Effective communication and interactive skills required. Ability to
work under stressful situations required. ITIL certification a
Information Systems Department staff.
1. Works with Information Systems leadership and company
leadership, as needed, to recommend and supervise activities that
serve to optimize the performance of technology resources such as
servers, operating systems, virtualization, network and computer
system security, and other technologies as identified in the "List
of technology responsibilities".
2. Organizes and assigns tasks to staff for all aspects of computer
system operations to ensure effective system administration of
"List of technology responsibilities" shown below.
3. Remains abreast of emerging technologies in the field of
information technology, information systems, network security, and
4. Evaluates new technology and enhancements to existing technology
with a focus on keeping company's technology and security
infrastructure optimized to meet current and future needs.
5. Develops proposals for operational changes. Presents proposals
to Information Systems leadership and other leaders as needed.
Reviews cost benefit and feasibility studies and develops
recommendations regarding best alternatives.
6. Assists in development of annual and long-range plans for system
needs, including budgeting for technology, operational, and
7. Identifies operational areas that could be improved by
coordinating changes and activities with other Information Systems
groups. Presents improvement ideas to appropriate management and
leads implementation of approved ideas.
8. Negotiates applicable contracts and maintenance agreements,
9. Effectively utilizes ITSM software to identify trends, improve
operations, and provide performance improvement information to
other Information Systems groups.
10. Effectively utilizes automated network, service, and
applications monitoring software to identify network, server,
security, storage, applications, and other issues with a focus on
continuously improving operations and system uptime.
11. Identifies opportunities for automation within the technology
12. Manages and oversees the Information Systems staff.
13. Plans and conducts regularly scheduled status meetings with the
Systems and Security staff. Includes other leadership and staff
14. Assists with the development and maintenance of appropriate
policies, operations documentation, operational procedures,
technical reference material, troubleshooting guides, and activity
logs related to Information Systems.
15. Ensures and maintains appropriate levels of technical
competency of the staff. Identifies training needs for staff. Is
responsible for ensuring that training programs are developed, and
educational sessions are conducted, for Service Desk staff, and
other staff as identified.
16. Identifies departments and/or groups that require regular
status meetings. For these groups, plans and coordinates regular
status meetings to ensure services provided are appropriate and
17. Provides on-call coverage on a scheduled basis, in emergency
situations, and when requested by Information Systems
18. Serves as on-call escalation point-of-contact to assess on-call
issues, direct appropriate staff for timely problem resolution, and
liaise with other management staff to provide status updates as
19. Maintains staff schedule for on-call coverage, ensuring that
such coverage is continuously provided.
20. Demonstrates positive behaviors toward all co-workers. Responds
to customers of all age groups in a friendly, prompt, and caring
manner while maintaining confidentiality. Promotes mutual respect
and professionalism. Partners with team members to meet the needs
of the customer.
21. Performs other duties as assigned by Information Systems
List of technology responsibilities
1. Cybersecurity systems
2. Backup systems and job monitoring
3. Patch management operations for servers and applications
4. Databases (Microsoft SQL, Oracle, other)
5. Responds onsite to system and environment outages that affect
6. Initiates disaster recovery and business continuity procedures,
escalates support to other groups as appropriate
7. Coordinates onsite staff resources to ensure effective disaster
8. Anti-virus systems
9. Internet activity monitoring systems
10. Email and spam blocking systems
11. HVAC and power systems (as they relate to Information
12. Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity
13. Wide-Area Networking
14. Other infrastructure
Normal, pleasant office. Remote work from home permitted with
Keywords: Encore Technical Staffing LLC, Hackensack , Manager, Core Technologies Operations and Security, IT / Software / Systems , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!