Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: January 6, 2020
How have you impacted someone s life today* At Hackensack Meridian
Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of
our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every
day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health
teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities,
our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your
skills in multiple settings while building your career all within
New Jersey s premier healthcare system.
The Buyer is responsible to procure materials and services for the
Medical Center within the established purchasing guidelines.
1. Reviews Requests for Purchase and confers with ordering
department regarding specifications, delivery requirements, quality
and quantity for supplies, equipment and services.
2. Insures maximum compliance with GPO. Uses GPO web site for
request for new product and pricing inquiries.
3. Processes Requests for Purchase and electronic requisitions by
placing orders via EDI, electronic fax or directly with vendors for
supplies, equipment and services.
4. Researches and challenges price increases reporting any
unresolved increases to the Director. Notifies Materials Management
of all product and part numbers changes.
5. Solicits quotations for any non-GPO contracted
products/services, performing price analyses; participating in
contract negotiations and recommending vendors.
6. Analyzes, identifies and recommends favorable group purchasing
7. Meets with sales representatives; researches products; compares
prices, specifications, and delivery rates; and recommends vendors
8. Provides Administrative Assistant with a copy of the contract in
order to maintain an electronic file of existing contracts. Image
9. Responsible for expediting back-orders when necessary, verifying
acceptability of substitutes with user departments and resolving
back-order situations via approved alternate vendor, product
substitution, and borrowing.
10. Focuses on price reduction, value analysis, and
11. Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward
internal and external customers and co-workers.
12. Assures order processing is accomplished within 24 hours after
requisitions are generated.
13. Works with suppliers to ensure pricing integrity and Item
Master updates are accomplished to minimize invoice
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
15. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma.
2. Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Purchasing Department.
3. Prior experience with automated purchasing software and
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Bachelor's degree in business administration or related
2. Familiarity with PeopleSoft and Oracle.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. GHX Order Center and Contract Center Certification (within 6
months of employment).
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the
recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color,
creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, veteran status and any other category protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Buyer, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!