Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: January 10, 2020
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Hackensack Meridian
Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients
by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our
hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our
long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete
spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in
multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Appointment Coordinator is responsible for the management and
scheduling of all patients for surgical and/or anesthesia related
procedures in the Medical Center.
Essential Generic Job Functions (List in order of importance):
* Avoids conflict when scheduling patients.
* Provides input to assure that booking guides, physicians times,
and other data elements are accurate.
* Assures accuracy of data input by checking and correcting data
validity and statistical reports.
* Assures effective utilization of OR Room and time.
* Reports errors and omissions to appropriate personnel for
* Consults with Medical Records to assure accuracy of
* Prepares and delivers Daily reports to appropriate
* The Appointment Coordinator is responsible for the processing of
all surgery related bills as well as all perioperative.
* Assures that special equipment, supplies, and room are
* Assures availability of supplies and initiates requests for
special supplies for individual surgical procedures.
* Assures that all charges are entered and verified before
* Assures accuracy of charges and patient information.
* Reports accuracy of charges and patient information (e.g. billing
* Lifts a minimum of 15 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 15 lbs.
and stands a minimum of length of shift.
* Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
* Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Contacts: Regular contact with Medical Center personnel, patients
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Computer literate.
3. 4-6 months hospital experience with medical and operating room
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the
recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color,
creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, veteran status and any other category protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Appointment Coordinator, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!