Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: February 5, 2020
How have you impacted someone's life today* At Hackensack Meridian
Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients
by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our
hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our
long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete
spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in
multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Cardiovascular Tech I will assist physicians with all
procedures, including Cardiac Catheterization, Angioplasty,
Atherectomy, TEC, Rotablator, Valvuloplasty, Intra-vascular
Ultrasound, Pulmonary Angiograms, Insertion of Intra aortic balloon
pumps and stents (including coronary and billiary) as well as
acquiring the knowledge and skill to assist in the performance of
all other procedures and new technologies which arise during the
course of research and development of new means and products.
A day in the life of a at Hackensack Meridian can be described as
1. Prepares sterile tray for each procedure and organizes specific
equipment for each procedure. 2. Prepares patient prior to
procedure, attaches EKG leads to patient, perform betadine scrub
according to protocol and drape patient.
3. Assists cardiac catheterization nurse in the preparation of
patient for monitoring.
4. Calibrates and tests transducer for accurate pressure
5. Assists physician throughout diagnostic, and/or all
6. Loads and operates power injector.
7. Utilizes and maintains the required standards for the operation
of digital cine technologies including protocols for storage and
retrieval of patient's images and hemodynamic records.
8. Ensures proper downloading of all CD acquisitions to the
hospital mainframe so they may be available for review through
intranet with internet capabilities.
9 Assists nurse and physician in supportive measures necessary to
restore and/or maintain patients well being in an emergency
10. Assists in the removal of procedural sheaths from the patient
after transfer to the nursing care unit or CCL Recovery Room.
11. Assists in the insertion of all vascular closure devices as the
access point for proper inter-vascular stability.
12. Assists in inventory control by notifying appropriate
individual of diminished non-store room supplies.
13. Assists with maintenance, calibration and routine periodic
evaluation of all diagnostic and technical equipment.
14. Assists nurse and physician in supportive measures necessary to
restore and/or maintain patient's well being in an emergency
15. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
16. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent; college background.
2. Familiarity with computers, hemodynamic monitoring and sterile
3. Within 1 year of hire must have successfully passed RCIS exam
given by CCI or Radiologic Technologist License.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Bachelor of Science.
2. Prior experience in a cardiac catheterization laboratory or
invasive procedure area. 6-12 months during CVT accredited program
or 2 years in another cardiac vascular laboratory.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the
recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color,
creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, veteran status and any other category protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Cardiovascular Tech, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!