Mortgage Loan Originator - Bergen, Passaic, Sussex, Somerset and Ocean Counties
Company: Lakeland Bank
Posted on: March 18, 2020
Log back in!
MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR - BERGEN, PASSAIC, SUSSEX, SOMERSET AND
Job Locations US-NJ-Oak Ridge - US-NJ-Hackensack - US-NJ-Wayne -
US-NJ-Toms River - US-NJ-Jackson - US-NJ-Teaneck - US-NJ-Sparta -
US-NJ-Summit - US-NJ-West Caldwell - US-NJ-Morristown
Posted Date 6 days ago(3/9/2020 12:01 PM)
5736 Berkshire Valley Road
Are you a financial professional with a passion for selling,
building relationships with clients and who thrives in a fast-paced
environment* If so, come join the Lakeland Bank team... You\'ll
love it here!
We are currently seeking talented individuals for the position of
Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO). In this role you will possess an
established network of referral business, call on existing clients
and business customers as well as cold call to acquire new
business. You will proactively identify and pursue leads or
potential customers to whom you may sell the Bank s mortgage
products to meet established loan quality and production goals. You
will also continuously identify, develop and maintain a quality
network of business relationships (i.e.: realtors, attorneys,
builders, financial consultants, etc.) that will serve as recurring
sources of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. You
will be responsible for responding to customer inquiries and
referrals generated from your own, as well as Bank business
channels. You will conduct interviews with prospective borrowers to
analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing
objectives, and gather any additional required information. You
will deliver exceptional customer service by maintaining a thorough
knowledge of Bank lending programs and procedures, demonstrating
commitment to professional ethics, and adhering to all Federal,
State and Bank compliance policies while maintaining a
professional, courteous demeanor at all times with clients,
referral network and Bank staff, promoting the Bank and generating
* Competitive compensation plan with a base salary
* Exceptional corporate culture with a work environment that is
supportive and caring, and promotes open communication
* A business model that allows our MLO's to do what they do best...
* Comprehensive benefit packages to choose from based on your
needs, including medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA plans, as
well as fitness and wellness programs
* Company paid life, AD&D and LTD insurances as well as
supplemental coverages you can select for yourself and your
* 401(k) Plan with a Company match
* Company paid professional certification and educational
* Opportunities to give back to the communities we serve through
You\'ll be expected to (in addition to above)
* Conduct regular sales calls and meet with clients
* Take loan applications by phone, in person and via fax or
* Provide timely an accurate entry of data into Encompass
* Submit new loan packages for processing and credit
* Provide appropriate, proactive, timely follow-up, calling or
meeting with borrowers as necessary from processing through loan
* Attend meetings as necessary
* Provide outside "Call Reports" as required or requested.
* Ability to begin producing loans immediately.
* Must be well-organized, able to prioritize, multi-task and work
well independently and under pressure, meeting multiple and
sometimes conflicting deadlines.
* Must possess professional and effective interpersonal skills and
be able to communicate clearly and appropriately, verbally and in
writing across a variety of audiences.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and comprehend financial data to
provide financial alternatives.
* Willing and able to abide by all applicable regulatory and
department practices and procedures.
* Minimum of 3 years previous residential mortgage lending
experience, including generating self-sourced business and
expertise with conforming and non-conforming loans, conventional
and FHA loans.
* Compliance knowledge to include ATR/QM and TRID
* Working knowledge of Encompass preferred
* Must be registered (if currently employed in an MLO capacity) or
eligible upon hire to be federally registered with the NMLS.
* Must be bondable.
* Bilingual - Spanish speaking is a plus.
All Lakeland Bank employees must be bondable. FBI background checks
are required to confirm eligibility for bonding. Note: A guilty
plea or criminal conviction will not necessarily preclude
employment at Lakeland Bank.
Lakeland Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
Monday - Friday, 8 hours/day, 40 hours/week.
A home office is a plus
Keywords: Lakeland Bank, Hackensack , Mortgage Loan Originator - Bergen, Passaic, Sussex, Somerset and Ocean Counties, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!