Cat Scan Technologist
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: March 21, 2020
The Cat Scan Technologist performs computer tomography procedures
and related techniques, producing sectional and three-dimensional
images for the interpretation and assists with interventional and
1. Performs complex CT procedures.
2. Uses professional judgment when reviewing and obtaining
patient's clinical history for procedures, ensuring information is
documented and scanned into PACS.
3. Prepares and reviews the accuracy of the contrast questionnaire
with patient and/or family member and scan into EPIC.
4. Identifies and/or administers oral contrast and contrast media
as prescribed by a licensed practitioner.
5. Reviews the patient prescription to verify appropriateness of
exam and if incorrect, communicates with the Radiologist and
Referring Physician to obtain additional clinical information or a
6. Responsible for calling physicians to clarify the prescription
in accordance with the appropriate CT protocols.
7. Responsible for verifying insurance authorized exam script and
send exam modification forms to Finance for insurance
8. Responsible for obtaining outside studies (CD) then scheduling
them in EPIC so the CD and reports are available in PACS in order
to be compared by Radiologists.
9. Responsible for providing exam copies to the patient and
requesting physician and/or family member.
10. Evaluates radiographs using PACS System to ensure that
radiographs contain proper identification and are of diagnostic
11. Uses consistent and appropriate techniques to gather relevant
information from the medical record, significant others and health
care providers to prepare protocols for scanning and patient
safety. The collection of information is determined by the
patient's needs or condition.
12. Determines whether the patient has been appropriately prepared
for the procedure.
13. Preps patient for scanning: (i.e. shielding, immobilization
14. Determines appropriate type and dose of contrast to be
15. Provides accurate explanations and instructions at any
appropriate time and at a level the patient can understand.
Addresses and documents patient questions and concerns regarding
the procedure when appropriate.
16. Performs venipuncture, IV patency, and maintenance procedures
according to established guidelines.
17. Monitors the patient's physical condition for any adverse
reactions during the procedure.
18. Responsible for scheduled shifts including holidays and
19. Overtime as needed to provide continual quality patients
20. On call assignments as needed per Department of Radiology
21. Adheres to the policy of Employee ID, Standards of Behavior,
Attendance, and Punctuality.
22. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and /or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
23. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Graduate of a Radiologic Technologist program.
2. High School diploma or equivalent.
3. Knowledge of anatomy and physiology and radiological positioning
of the human body.
4. Understanding mechanical attributes of CT software and
5. Thorough knowledge of PACS system.
6. Maintains CEU Credits.
7. Must achieve ARRT (CT) certification within twelve months of
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Six months CT experience preferred.
2. Knowledge of Epic and any HIS/RIS system added by the
3. ARRT certified R.T.(CT) license preferred.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Diagnostic Radiography License.
2. American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certification.
3. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
1. American Registry of RT (CT) Technologist Certification.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the
recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color,
creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
disability, veteran status and any other category protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Cat Scan Technologist, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!