Phlebotomist, Floater (FT, 40 Hours)
Company: BioReference Laboratories
Posted on: June 4, 2021
We are looking for a Floater Phlebotomist (40 hours per week) in
our Hackensack, NJ location.
Schedule: Monday- Thursday 6:30 - 8p; Fri 6:30 - 7p
The Phlebotomist aims to serve patients by preparing specimens
for laboratories testing and performing screening standards. The
Phlebotomist shall draw quality blood samples while creating an
atmosphere of trust and confidence.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the
- Experience doing blood draws, labeling specimens, centrifuging
specimens, recording maintenance data and decontamination, updating
patient information, etc.
- Greet customers appropriately. Treat all customers in a
- Collects specimens according to established procedures.
Properly explains in a clear but courteous manner the process of
the venipuncture (blood drawing) and or other specimen collection
(ex. urine or fecal) as required. Reduces patient anxiety by
providing a calm environment for patients before, during and after
the collection process.
- Demonstrate technique/s using straight needles and/or butterfly
- Fully understand all of the physicians' orders.
- Matches laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes. Label,
centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test
- Check all test requisitions or computer label against script to
ensure 100% correct.
- Package specimens for transport
- Stores specimen sample according to required temperature,
places samples in appropriate collection container/ tube,
accurately labels, follows different procedures as outlined by
specific to protocol deemed necessary for transport to maintain
integrity of the specimen.
- Demonstrates proficiency of proper collection methods and
proper processing of all specimens
- Understand and comply with OSHA and DEP regulations.
- Attend annual department trainings
- Answer telephone calls, read laboratory results to satisfy
- Valid Phlebotomy certification for the state where you will be
employed as required (CA & LA require license, FL requires
- Minimum of 6 months' work experience performing venipunctures
in a fast paced lab or hospital setting
- Reliable transportation with at least 4 years of licensed
driving experience and possess a valid driver's license issued in
the state of residence.
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent patient interaction skills both in person and by
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: BioReference Laboratories, Hackensack , Phlebotomist, Floater (FT, 40 Hours), Other , HACKENSACK, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!