Registered Dental Assistant, (Physician Practice)
Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: June 4, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the
lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each
and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational
health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care
capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to
apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career
all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Registered Dental Assistant at the OMS Center at HUMC will
provide dental chair assistance in accordance with infection
control and dental standards. The RDA will support the Oral
Surgeon, and patient and maintain the integrity of equipment and
supplies. The RDA will also make appointments and maintain phone
management and patient flow. The RDA must share the passion and
focus on changing the lives of Hackensack Meridian Healths patients
by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
A day in the life of a Registered Dental Assistant at Hackensack
Meridian Health includes:
- The dental assistant will provide chairside dental assistance
to the Oral Surgeon to include crown impressions, (PFM), porcelain
bridges and crowns, veneers, implants, oral cancer screening,
partial dentures, dentures and flippers, temporary fillings, model
casting, endodontic and periodontic procedures as well as model
casting and sealant applications.
- Prepare operatories for procedures.
- Prepares charts for procedures and documents in the EMR. Take
radiographs in digital mode, maintains and processes
- Monitors, maintains and orders supplies.
- Assists with front desk duties including answering the phone
and making appointments, meeting and greeting patients.
- Cleans and sanitizes exam rooms/operatories and equipment and
completes standard cleaning and infection control in according to
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with staff and
- Provides reassurance to patients during procedures.
- Other Ad Hoc assignments as assigned.
- Lifts a minimum of 5lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 10lbs.
and stands a minimum of 5 hours a day.
- Adheres to standards identified in the Medical Center's
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years Dental Assistant experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Valid NJ Dental Radiology license.
- Registered Dental Assistant' State of NJ.
- NJ DOH Certified Dental Radiographer.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack , Registered Dental Assistant, (Physician Practice), Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!