Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: June 4, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our
patients by providing the highest level of care each and every
The Psychology Intern provides treatment to patients utilizing a
variety of modalities as a member of the clinical treatment team of
the assigned unit. This position also coordinates the care and
management of patients and family members as well as bringing cases
to final disposition.
A day in the life of a Psychology Intern at Hackensack Meridian
- Initially observes and then performs specialized psychosocial
evaluations for children and parents in cases of intra-familial
maltreatment and non-familial sexual assault.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in use and interpretation of
appropriate assessment tools and the subsequent integration into
the formulation of a diagnostic impression.
- Provides child and family therapy for victims of child
- Organizes and co-facilitates group therapy for the victims and
families of child maltreatment.
- Provides supervision of therapeutic visitation program for
non-custodial parents restricted from unsupervised contact with
- Provides case management and coordination with DYFS to
facilitate child and family services.
- Works collaboratively with county Multidisciplinary Team
approach with DYFS, Prosecutor's Office, Office of Victim Witness,
Law Enforcement, medical providers, mental health providers and
Department of Human Services.
- Provides written assessments, report addendum, court letters
and case related correspondence in a timely and professional
- Provides collateral contact with clients as needed.
- Provides crisis intervention and emergency services to victims
- Attends weekly supervision with Clinical Supervisor: Licensed
- Attends weekly Intern Seminars to enhance knowledge and skills
in work with child maltreatment issues.
- Attends staff meetings as required with Supervising
Psychologist and Clinical Staff.
- Provides effective treatment to patients, whether assessment or
therapy, and shares and interprets information to staff, families,
and/or other approved agencies.
- Completes written reports in a timely fashion as required.
- Provides individual and psychotherapeutic services in
accordance with current standards of practice, as developed by
professional and licensing organizations, and defined and
interpreted by supervisor.
- Integrates discharge planning into ongoing treatment to assure
a continuity of care for patient upon completion of treatment.
- Functions collaboratively with treatment team members to
enhance service to patients.
- Maintains patient records as required by law and Medical Center
- Assists other mental health professionals in expediting
emergencies and/or functions as co-therapist in special
- Provides a comprehensive assessment of patient's psychosocial
needs, develops treatment plans and treatment plan reviews based on
findings and according to department policy.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or
primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
- Delivers and documents all care in an efficient and productive
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Enrolled in Doctoral degree program in psychology or related
- Maintain professional competencies through attendance at
workshops, training seminars, conferences or graduate
- Trained in individual and group psychotherapy techniques.
- Knowledge of psychopathology and differential diagnosis and
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack , Psychology Intern, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!