Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: June 6, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our
patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to
our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our
complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills
in multiple settings while building your career all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Patient Transport Aide is responsible for performing physical
transportation and movement of patients to and from various units,
rooms and Imaging modalities.
A day in the life of a Patient Transport Aide at Hackensack
Meridian Health includes:
- Transports patients by the use of wheelchairs and with
- Transports specimens to the laboratory, and delivers blood and
blood products in a timely manner.
- Picks up slides for physicians to review from laboratory as
- Obtains supplies from central supply as requested.
- Participates/uses the automated systems in a timely and
accurate manner to assist with patient throughput.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
- Assists with environmental duties in departments or units
including pick up and disposal of recycling/trash receptacles; also
linen removal from laundry bins to proper disposal area such as
chutes for collection as requested.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Heavy pulling, pushing and lifting are required (50lbs or
- Good communication and Customer Service skills required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, alternating weekends
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient
needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of
our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on
teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and
passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong
sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack , Transportation Aide, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!