Cardiac Technician (Full-Time Days)
Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: June 6, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the
lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each
and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational
health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care
capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to
apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career
all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Cardiac Technician assists a trained, credentialed
cardiology attending during all procedures. He/she is responsible
for accurately performing the following procedures: all forms of
stress testing, Holter application and removal, Holter scanning and
A day in the life of a Cardiac Technician at Hackensack Meridian
- Performs application and detachment of Holter monitors.
- Provides educational instruction to the patient regarding the
test and the reasons being performed.
- Scans, analyzes holter tapes and prepares holter reports for
- Assists the cardiology attending in performing cardiac stress
testing including radionuclide, stress echocardiography and
pharmacological radionuclide procedures.
- Performs ECGs and other Cardiology testing as necessary.
- Reports supply needs in a timely fashion.
- Calibrates, cleans, and maintains equipment and reports
equipment defects in an accurate and timely fashion to the
technical supervisor or his/her designee.
- Completes and processes billing charge requisitions, logbooks,
worksheets, and reports.
- Checks code cart and defibrillator daily; making sure lock
integrity is maintained and documents the same.
- Assists in maintaining emergency equipment in the department
and reports discrepancies to the department nurse or in her
absence, the technical supervisor.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
- Participates in ongoing performance initiatives of the
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of a cardiac technical program or equivalent.
- Satisfactory completion of cardiac arrhythmia course.
- Basic understanding of cardiac disease and advanced
understanding of arrhythmias.
- Minimum 1 year of prior experience in non-invasive cardiac
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Maintains AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack , Cardiac Technician (Full-Time Days), Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!