Nursing Assistant - 4 St. John-Elder Care - Full Time Nights
Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: June 6, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our
patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to
our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our
complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills
in multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Nursing Assistant provides direct patient care under the
direction of the RN professional to all assigned patients, and
maintains a safe patient area. He/she assumes responsibility and
accountability for patient care as a team member in order to
achieve established outcomes.
- Provides direct hygiene and comfort care to patients including
bathing, toileting, oral hygiene, incontinent care, and bed
- Takes vital signs under the direction of the RN, and documents
accordingly on appropriate flow sheets, and notifies the RN of the
- Performs and documents glucose finger sticks and collects other
specimens including stool, urine, and sputum.
- Obtains and documents daily patient weights and observes and
documents patient's intake and output.
- Provides a safe patient environment by answering call lights
promptly, communicating with the RN immediately for any change in
- Acts in the role of patient sitter.
- Maintains a clean and safe nursing unit and patient room
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process
includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary
caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational,
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Certified Nursing and/or nursing student enrolled in a BSN
program who has successfully completed theoretical and clinical
practical in fundamentals of nursing in nursing school.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack , Nursing Assistant - 4 St. John-Elder Care - Full Time Nights, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!