Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our
diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make
better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with
far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a
clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the
industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and
knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act with
professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about
the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success
and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique
opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in
the US. We are tech driven, and we're creating the lab of the
future - an environment where you can deliver cutting edge
diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and
Lab Assistant I - Hackensack, NJ req65683
Lab Assistant I - Hackensack, New Jersey
Every other Saturday and Sunday, day shift
10% weekend differential
- Perform the daily activities as described below. Basic Purpose:
Perform various routine laboratory functions in a precise and
accurate fashion to assist the laboratory professional staff and to
- Sorting, and receiving specimens in the department.
- Performs routine instrument maintenance on some equipment.
- Performs laboratory tasks of centrifuging specimens, printing
extra labels, recording data (temperature charts) specimen storage
- Preparing reagents and or media in the department.
- Preparing specimens at workstations for testing. (Including
building worklists, aliquoting specimens into sample cups, checking
specimens for clots and fibrin, inoculation, slide
- Performs QA/QC duties as assigned.
- Resolves pending lists.
- Finds missing samples.
- Decontaminates work areas.
- Performs weekly radioactive wipe tests.
- Maintains files for department records.
- Changes gas cylinders.
- Follows all PPE requirements and all safety regulations.
- Uses the laboratory computer system as well as operates
- Disposes of biohazardous material.
- Completes training and competency checklists as
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and
responsibilities, but rather a general description of the work
performed by this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Medical assistant training
helpful. Math and science courses preferred.
Work Experience: None required
- Must have the ability to establish work priorities and to
handle several tasks for maximum workstation efficiency.
- Must be able to retain information once learned.
- Must interact with other coworkers, internal and external
customers with courtesy and respect.
Key Word Search: laboratory, medical
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest
Diagnostics is an
Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans /
Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.