Company: Hackensack Public Schools
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Description: Speech Therapist
- Provide comprehensive services for students with speech and/or
language disorders, following N.J.A.C. 6A:14 et seq.
- Develop and implement screening procedures to identify students
who are in need of corrective speech, language, and/or hearing
- Observe students, conference with the instructional staff, and
implement various assessment techniques to make diagnostic
- Participate in Team conferences and communications with parents
and students, and recommend intervention strategies for the
Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Monitor the implementation if IEPs and participate in the
annual review process.
- Assist with referrals of students to agencies and resources in
the community when appropriate.
- Provide regular evaluation of students receiving speech,
language, and hearing specialized instruction to determine the
effectiveness of services.
- Complete all records and reports in a timely manner, as
required by law and regulation or requested by the Principal,
Supervisor of Child Study Team, or Director of Special
- Assist the instructional staff through conferences,
consultations, observations, and demonstrations with classroom
organization and the implementation of effective instructional
strategies and materials for students with speech, language, and
- MA Degree
- Speech Language Specialist Certificate
Working Conditions: District-Wide
Salary: Per HEA/HBOE Agreement
Application Process: Apply Online via Frontline/AppliTrack. All
certifications must be included with the AppliTrack application to
be eligible for the position.
Selection Procedure: Applications will be reviewed, followed by
interviews. A recommendation will be submitted to the
Superintendent for approval.
Keywords: Hackensack Public Schools, Hackensack , Speech Therapist, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!