Applications Analyst II
Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: June 7, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our
patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to
our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our
complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills
in multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Applications Analyst II gathers business requirements,
conducts needs assessments, and develops functional specifications
and build to ensure that developed information technology solutions
support business objectives. This level works with minimal
supervision and acts as a resource for Applications Analyst I.
Fostering a culture of excellence within a collaborative
environment, Hackensack Meridian Health is seeking talented
professionals to implement and support innovative solutions &
technologies. Our Information Technology team enables HMH to meet
the changing demands of the healthcare marketplace by providing
creative, high quality, efficient and effective solutions. Join the
HMH team as we embark on our migration to the Epic application
HMH IT department has received many accolades from recognized
organizations; including Most Wired and Fortune. Come join our
winning IT team that was ranked as #1 "Best Hospital IT Department"
for the past two years by Health IT News.
A day in the life of an Applications Analyst at Hackensack
Meridian Health includes:
- Ability to effectively share knowledge with and mentor
Applications Analyst I.
- Installs/upgrades new/existing applications and components,
configures application settings, and validates work performed by
Application Analyst I.
- Assists in the coordination of end user support
- Attends, participates in, and contributes to meetings
throughout the facility.
- Provides go-live support for users on new applications,
modules, and functionality.
- Oversees and/or performs analysis of necessary application
modifications and works with IT associates and/or the vendor to
coordinate the modification.
- Analyzes business/clinical needs and requirements.
- Interprets end user requirements by fully discussing potential
options and helping client move towards optimal solution.
- Evaluates the operational workflow that is applied to the
- Creates system specifications from user requirements.
- Creates test plans and tests new systems, version upgrades, and
any system modifications.
- Documents all outcomes of testing. Reviews Application Analyst
Is test plans and documented outcomes for consistency and
- Responsible for application implementation, troubleshooting,
- Presents oral and written communications to project teams and
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more
complex issues and to higher level staff.
- Updates system, operational, and department documentation.
- Recommends areas for process improvements.
- Provides on-call support for applications.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described
- Lifts a minimum of 20 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 20
lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Adheres to the Medical Centers Organizational Competencies and
Standards of Behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of two years of IT experience or equivalent
- Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter.
- Works independently and effectively manages time with minimal
- Strong desktop skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Creates and maintains clear, concise documentation.
- Collaborates with other team members across the
- Demonstrates self-direction.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Bachelors degree.
- Healthcare experience or related field.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Epic and/or other relevant certification(s) or where
applicable, other relevant applications experience.
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack , Applications Analyst II, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!