Director, Marketing, North
Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: June 7, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the
lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each
and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational
health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care
capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to
apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career
all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Responsible for developing, executing and measuring
comprehensive marketing strategies, plans and programs for the
Northern regional market. Responsible for working with HMH
Marketing leads and Care Transformation Services (clinical service
lines referred to as CTS) leads to implement marketing strategies
and address business concerns. Plans will be based on clear
objectives, strategies & supporting tactics and measureable metrics
utilizing both traditional and digital assets. Regularly evaluate
regional market dynamics and work to maintain crisp competitive
differentiation, while supporting the HMH master brand. Anticipate
and act on emerging healthcare trends to position the system for
the future, in conjunction with other system leaders. Manages a
team of marketing professionals. Primary focus (80%) is on
Hackensack University Medical Center the flagship hospital of HMH,
with 20% ensuring that the other Northern Hospitals are
strategically aligned with the Northern regional strategy.
A day in the life of a Director of Marketing at Hackensack
Meridian Health includes:
- Participate in the annual marketing plan development process
with the oversight of marketing leadership team. Ensure consistency
of plans in content and depth. Ensure regional/entity plans are
informed by regular meetings with regional market, CTS, and/or
- Partner with internal and external partners to execute
campaigns to build local/regional volume, market share and program
- Ensure best practices in the development of marketing plans,
including the writing and sharing of strong project briefs that
result in campaigns that are on strategy, on brand, and on
- Provide coaching, mentoring and leadership support to the
regional and market leads on an ongoing basis.
- Manage a detailed and accurate budget; maintain standard
monthly reporting to show Actuals, Committed, In Progress
- Participate in strategic committees that advance organizational
goals such as development of priority clinical programs, portal
strategies, patient services.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement new and improved marketing
processes and practices that quantifiably and incrementally improve
the customer experience, drive increased demand and differentiate
HMH brand among other healthcare providers.
- Design, implement and oversee marketing strategies that attract
strong sales leads and outcomes and deliver on the brand
- Create product development processes and creative asset
strategies that transform the organization portfolio into a market
- Create strategies to cultivate and enhance meaningful
relationships with targeted external audiences, including referring
physicians and key influencers.
- Support the development of marketing services from idea
generation through concept development, product design, financial
assessment and launch to ensure profitable growth and expansion in
the market; focuses on innovation, adaptability and flexibility
that exceed customer expectations and enhance revenue generation
- Operate across a matrixed organization to lead the development
of enterprise operating frameworks and processes for the consumer
and marketing functions, including the development and enforcement
of the brand positioning and standards across the enterprise.
- Work with operational leaders to create a contemporary,
integrated approach to the desired patient experience, ensuring
brand continuity and a customer service focus at every touch
- Conduct consumer and other research as required measuring the
effectiveness of marketing activities and/or identifying new
opportunities for service or product development.
- Optimize talent by providing counsel, leadership, guidance, and
direction and assisting in the development of an organizational
culture appropriate to support the mission. Employ participative
management and leadership approaches that optimize organization
resources, talent effectiveness and engagement. Empower others to
exercise leadership in achieving goals, developing new concepts and
- Be a steward of the culture by demonstrating and role modeling
- Promote, act and collaborate as a unified leadership team to
drive system consistency.
- .Maintain a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and
local laws and regulations.
- Manage and oversee team performance through performance
planning, coaching and performance appraisals. Hold direct reports
accountable for managing and developing their assignments to ensure
goals are achieved.
- Provide ongoing feedback to team members to ensure they develop
the skills and competencies required for effective planning and
individual professional and personal career growth.
- Motivate and inspire team members by providing them with the
information and tools they need to do their jobs well and meet
patient and member expectations; regularly reward and recognize
team member achievement.
- Manage performance issues, coach as necessary and address poor
standards, ensuring department targets are not compromised.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations,
Communications or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in healthcare marketing
and/or communications or a related field, (academic medical center
and/or large healthcare system is particularly a plus) with
increasing management responsibility.
- Must have excellent management skills and be guided by a
compelling client/customer orientation, as well as writing skills
and attention to details.
- Manages numerous accounts and complex issues with an
orientation toward both creativity and details.
- Works extremely well with key customers in a matrixed
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack , Director, Marketing, North, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!