Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: June 7, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our team members are focused on changing the lives
of our patients by providing the highest level of care and coaching
each and every day. Through the comprehensive care we provide, we
are confident that you will be able to apply your skills while
building your career within New Jerseys premier healthcare
The Ambulatory Registrar is responsible for the Patient Access
functions for outpatient services identified in the ambulatory
setting, including, but not limited to, facility based scheduling,
pre-registration, registration, insurance verification,
pre-certification, and financial clearance under the direction of
the Supervisor and Director of Ambulatory Registration for these
A day in the life of Ambulatory Registrar at Hackensack Meridian
- Implements the Medical Center's scheduling, pre-registration,
pre-certification, referral procurement and insurance verification
policies and procedures for the assigned ambulatory point of
- Captures and enters appropriate documentation of patient
registration and demographic information in the patient hospital
billing system (EPIC) to maximize billing accuracy.
- Complies with HUMC's patient financial responsibility and
- Provides patients with appropriate administrative information,
- Participates in audits of registrar accuracy and efficiency as
it relates to accurate collection of insurance information and
- Participates in coding, scheduling, or related activities as
- Attempts to mediate daily scheduling, pre-registration,
pre-certification or registration issues and elevates any issues
that cannot be resolved independently.
- Complies with all procedural workflows and departmental
policies and procedures as identified.
- Assumes other responsibilities as directed by either the
Manager or Director of Ambulatory Registration
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- EPIC Cadence and Prelude training, must pass exam upon
completion of training required
- Proficient PC skills
- Demonstrate Customer service proficiency.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
- Familiar with Medical terminology required
- Patient Financial services experience in professional or
hospital setting required
- Required to work every other weekend
- Required to work three (3) out of six (6) holidays
- Required to work rotating schedule/shifts based on needs
- College BA/BS or Associates Degree preferred
- 1-3 years prior experience in hospital operations
- Bi-lingual in Spanish or Korean preferred.
- Analytical skills relevant to registration /business or
- Experience with EPIC HB, Cadence or Prelude preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack , Ambulatory Registrar, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!