Senior Human Resource Generalist
Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: June 7, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our
patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to
our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our
complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills
in multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Senior HR Generalist supports implementation of HR services,
programs and initiatives within assigned business units, including
employee and labor relations, performance management, leader
development, engagement, compensation, benefits, wellness, talent
acquisition, workforce planning, etc. Responsible for providing
support to leaders and team members including administering
employment policies and practices, researching and/or investigating
concerns and making recommendations that promote positive team
member relations. This includes conducting workplace
investigations, counseling management with respect to federal,
state and local EEO and other laws to ensure consistent
interpretation and application of laws, policies and procedures.
The Sr. HR Generalist recommends effective solutions for addressing
workplace issues and corrective actions in accordance with
personnel policy and applicable laws. This role performs required
tasks and initiatives, following the guidelines and procedures
established, maintaining appropriate documentation and records, and
delivering service in a professional and efficient manner with
prompt assistance to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
and an overall positive team member experience.
A day in the life of Senior HR Generalist for Site Operations at
Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Support implementation of all HR programs and initiatives
within assigned business units in the area of employee and labor
relations, organization development, talent management, performance
management, leader development, engagement, benefits, wellness,
talent acquisition, workforce planning and compensation. Includes
consultation, training, administrative follow up, etc. as
- Support development and implementation of local strategic HR
initiatives that support and enable business outcomes.
- Support, consult, coach and counsel frontline leadership in day
to day management of team member and labor relations issues.
- Support, coach and counsel team members with performance and
- Develop and manage positive team member relations programs in
collaboration with key stakeholders in order to keep a pulse on
team member engagement and identify opportunities to continuously
improve work environment. Includes workplace/climate assessments,
active participation in team member events, rounding, participation
on team member committees, etc.
- Lead internal workplace investigations and complaint/grievance
process for assigned business units.
- Ensure compliance with HR policies and regulatory requirements
for assigned business units.
- Labor Relations (where applicable): participate in labor
management meetings, grievances, RFIs, training, etc.
- Manage local onboarding and facility orientation programs.
- Support team member leave of absence/return to work
coordination at facility level.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMHs Organizational competencies and standards of
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resources Management or
- 5+ years relevant Human Resources experience.
- 3+ years experience in employee relations and conducting
- Experience with all facets of Human Resources, including
knowledge of employee relations, talent management, benefit and
compensation administration, and legal compliance
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Effective leadership, team building, and change management
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack , Senior Human Resource Generalist, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!