Obstetric Technician- Labor and Delivery - Part Time with Day
Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: June 8, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our
patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day.
From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to
our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our
complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills
in multiple settings while building your career, all within New
Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Obstetric Technician assists the nursing staff in providing
care to selected female patients of childbearing age and newborn
infants. This position draws intravenous and capillary blood from
adult females and capillary blood from infants.
A day in the life of an Obstetric Technician at Hackensack
Meridian Health includes:
- Provides direct care to the obstetric patient under the
direction of the Registered Nurse (RN).
- Takes and records vital signs reporting to the RN.
- Draws and labels intravenous blood specimens from obstetric
patients using proper aseptic technique.
- Performs capillary blood glucose testing using an appropriate
glucose meter reporting results to RN.
- Maintains proper level of supplies.
- Acts as a chaperone during procedures.
- Assists patients with ambulating as requested by the RN.
- Moves patients from bed to stretcher or wheelchair and
- Prepares patients for meals, and assists with feeding as
- Assists with the admission process: obtaining vital signs and
assisting patients with changing.
- Places patients on external fetal monitor and obtain
appropriate tracings notifying RN of complete strips.
- Acts in the role of scrub assistant during obstetrical
procedures maintaining aseptic technique and unit clerk.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of a scrub technician program; CST required.
- 0-1 years experience.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the computer system.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack , Obstetric Technician- Labor and Delivery - Part Time with Day, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!