HIM Associate, Part-Time
Company: Holy Name Medical Center
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Job Title: Health Information Management Associate
Department: Health Information Management
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Summary: Performs medical record completion
responsibilities, handles processing of incomplete medical records,
and participates in processes to support coding and reimbursement,
including RAC and other payer requests. Assists Director with
medical record projects.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent experience
Experience: One year experience in a HIM Department or currently
enrolled in / recent graduate of, an accredited HIM Program.
Computer experience preferred. Prior medical record analysis
experiences a plus.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Adheres to all medical record analysis procedures to ensure a
complete medical record.
- Provides exceptional customer service to physicians.
- Electronically analyzes scanned telephone orders for
appropriate physician e-signature.
- Accurately prepares and scans medical records in response to
RAC and other payor requestors.
- Tracks and follows-up on all outstanding retrospective coding
queries to assist in a timely coding
- and billing process.
- Identify and enter physician's medical record
- Adds or removes medical record deficiencies in deficiency
tracking system as the status of the record changes.
- Re-analyzes medical records for items that have been manually
completed by physicians.
- Re-re-analyzes medical records for all reports and signatures
once the last deficiency has been completed. Initials face sheet
indicating a final check was done. Reopens the medical record if
deficiencies are found and adds and scans them into system.
- Scans unsigned documentation into the document imaging system
and assigns appropriate ESS deficiency code.
- Runs reports from Rumba system that are used for notification
of when physicians have electronically signed medical records.
- Processes physician refusals to sign that are done
- Closely monitors and updates physician warning and suspension
listings in Rumba.
- Demonstrates the WebSig electronic signature application to
physicians who are new to the system.
- Accurately sorts and files loose papers into correct medical
- Accurately prepares medical records for outside storage.
- Provides assistance to Director with medical record projects in
- Maintains area in a neat, clean and orderly manner.
- Answers the telephone in a clear and concise manner, provides
information in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintains and respects staff and patient confidentiality.
- Displays and maintains a positive business demeanor.
- Accepts other medical record duties as assigned by supervisor
in a professional manner.
Keywords: Holy Name Medical Center, Hackensack , HIM Associate, Part-Time, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!