Radiologic Technologist I
Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the
lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each
and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational
health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care
capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to
apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career
all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Radiologic Technologist I is responsible for obtaining
diagnostic radiographic examination at a technical level not
requiring constant supervision and performs all of the essential
generic job functions as listed below.
- This is a night shift (overnight) position.
A day in the life of a Radiologic Technologist I at Hackensack
Meridian Health includes:
- Produces diagnostic radiographic examinations by positioning
patients, providing immobilization devices, selection proper
technical factors based on individual patient needs. Select and
operate equipment as required for specific procedures.
- Restricts radiation beam through cone and collimating devices
to provide non-exposure of radiation to unaffected parts of the
- Performs portable x-ray examinations in patient rooms,
operating rooms and emergency room.
- Follows operational procedure to identify patient's films with
name and x-ray number, correctly mark film as to side of the
- Develops exposed x-ray film by processing methods
- Completes patient requisitions with technologist initials,
date, number, and size of film.
- Maintains orderly x-ray room as directed by the head of the
- Prepares radiopaque contrast media and assists physician in
administering radiopaque mixtures to patient.
- Performs administrative duties related to scheduling
appointments, patient's instruction, film filing, maintenance of
records, reception of patients and other administrative duties as
- Renders services and/or assistance to all patients depending on
the individual patient's needs and abilities in moving, turning,
getting on and off the x-ray tables, etc.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an AMA approved school of Radiologic
- Completion of clinical and A.R.R.T. requirements.
- Upon completion of this school for Radiologic Technology.
- Applicant must be able to meet the requirements for the
National Registry and pass such examination.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Diagnostic Radiography License.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack , Radiologic Technologist I, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!