COOK (FULL-TIME) $300 Sign on bonus!
Company: Chartwells K12
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Posted Date: Sep 9, 2021
- We offer a $300 sign-on bonus paid in installments.
- We have an opening for a Full-Time COOK
- Location: Bergen Vocational - Hackensack, NJ
07601. Note: online applications accepted
- Schedule: 6:30 AM - 2:00 PM. More details upon
- Requirement: Prior cooking experience, strongly
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may
be interested in joining our team.
Want to influence a generation? How about working in a place
where you know you make a difference. Try one of our 4000 public
and private school locations managed by Chartwells School Dining
Services. That’s about 2.6 million young students we provide meals
and food service for each day. Eat. Learn. Live exemplifies
Chartwells’ promise and philosophy that nourishing students is not
only our business; it’s our commitment to the communities in which
Full time associates at Chartwells K-12 are offered many
fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Prepares food in accordance with applicable
federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations
with established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food
service is provided at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized
recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service
- Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct
portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at
the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all
prepared food items.
- Uses established ticket collection procedures during service.
Responsible for records from area worked during service
- Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high
standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in
accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food
and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as
- Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to
the supervisor immediately.
- Attends in-service and safety meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers,
administrators and managers.
- Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Servesafe certification a plus.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Keywords: Chartwells K12, Hackensack , COOK (FULL-TIME) $300 Sign on bonus!, Other , HACKENSACK, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!