Tech, Patient Service - On-Call
Company: Quest Diagnostics Health & Wellness
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Tech, Patient Service - On-Call - Hackensack, NJSchedule: -3
days per week, 3:00pm-7:00pm. Saturdays 6:30am-3pm.*Proof of
COVID-19 vaccination will be required, which must include the
primary doses and the booster dose if eligible - exemptions from
vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons will be
considered if a conditional offer of employment is extended. -The
Diagnostic Technician is responsible for accurately performing and
processing electrocardiograms, draws intravenous and capillary
blood from adults, infants, and children and all related functions.
Essential Generic Job Functions
- Makes rounds on nursing care units to draw blood and/or perform
ECGs as assigned
- Cleans and re-stocks ECG carts and prepares phlebotomy
carts/tray after shift and as needed and returns all carts to 5
Main Room 5645.
- Assists coworkers with draws and EKGs when complete with
- Draws intravenous or capillary blood from newborn through
geriatric aged patients using proper aseptic collection
- Draws and delivers (where applicable) all blood work (stat,
timed, routine) within established departmental policy time
- Draws intravenous and capillary blood into proper tubes and
culture vials according to the purpose for which the blood is to be
- Performs and processes all electrocardiograms on patients
ranging from newborn to geriatrics.
- Demonstrates correct placement of electrodes and all the
elements of a 12 lead ECG including but not limited to the
recognition of artifacts (electrical, muscle, etc.)
- Completes clerical functions associated with ECG reports (to
include transmission and charging only).
- Signs out and returns all equipment in good repair.
- Performs Collection Rending report after rounds and follows up
on patients not collected. Submits signed off report to
- Reports incidents/issues regarding patients, nursing staff, or
employees timely to Coordinator and or Section Head.
- Reports supply needs and equipment defects in a timely
- Logs refrigerator temperatures daily and reports if falls out
range to Coordinator or Section Head.
- Travels and performs phlebotomy duties, as needed, at Health
fairs, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and PSA testing sites and
delivers specimens to laboratory.
- Lifts a minimum of 20 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50
lbs., and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Organizational Competencies. Contacts: Regular contact with Medical
Center personnel, patients and visitors. - Knowledge, Education and
- High school diploma or equivalent with basic knowledge of
arrhythmias and completion of a blood drawing educational
- 1 year of prior experience in ECG or graduate of ECG
technical/Medical Assistant training program. Knowledge, Education
and Skills Preferred: - Required Certification/Licensing: - - The
above statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed. - They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics Health & Wellness, Hackensack , Tech, Patient Service - On-Call, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!