Target Optical - EyeCare Advisor
Company: The Luxottica Group
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Requisition ID: 681023
Store #: 002021 Target Optical
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
At Target Optical, we are on a mission to be the ally that WOW's!
all families shopping at Target, by offering an easy and inspiring
optical experience, no matter when, where or how they shop - and
having a blast while doing it!
We offer flexible work schedules and competitive compensation
packages including medical & dental benefits, employee discounts on
eyewear, tuition reimbursement and paid time off. At Target
Optical, we pride ourselves on building a culture where we focus
and invest in people. We are a fast-growing brand and are looking
for people who are passionate, enthusiastic and growth oriented.
And because we are part of eyewear industry leader, Luxottica,
there is plenty of opportunities to grow your career within Target
Optical and beyond.
The Eyecare Advisor Member creates exceptional value in the lives
of patients by delivering exceptional patient service and ensuring
all patients receive the highest quality of care. Enthusiastically
satisfies patients all the time through exceptional service.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Greets customers without delay when they enter the location.
Shows urgency in providing service to customers and satisfying
* Determines the reason for the customer's visit; in store explains
how to shop at Target Optical; in Doctor's office explains all
required paperwork, tests, products and services as well as the
appropriate time frame.
* Is attentive to details; reviews prescriptions and/or patient
information carefully; identifies special needs, consulting with
optician, Doctor or Retail Management when necessary.
* Shows patience and courtesy to indecisive or difficult customers
* Performs work accurately and thoroughly despite time pressure and
customer volume. Identifies situations involving unsatisfied
customers and acts quickly for resolution.
* Demonstrates knowledge of appointment book/scheduling procedures
and computer operation/procedures.
* Handles and files all patient records in an organized and
* Places contact lens orders, processes shipments and properly
submits invoices for payment.
* Accurately operates the POS system, when required, collecting
proper payment following
* Takes pride in the appearance of the store and shows initiative
in keeping the displays clean, attractive and organized.
* Informs management of potential safety opportunities.
* Demonstrates safe work practices.
* Complies with all safety/regulatory requirements ensuring
supplies/chemicals are stored and used appropriately.
* Demonstrates good product knowledge; takes initiative to
accurately describe the features and benefits of various lenses and
* Assists the customer in selecting frames and lenses that are best
suited for their lifestyle, prescription and price needs. Suggests
improvements and recommends solutions to problems. Reinforces
customer's final selection.
* Takes time to help the customers and answer questions giving them
a better understanding of available options.
* Performs all pre-examination testing with accuracy and attention
to detail; takes the initiative to explain all measurements and
answers any questions the patient may have.
* Utilizes clinical and product knowledge, provides coaching and
guidance to patients on the care and handling of contact
* Maintains and disinfects contact lens inventory; provides
clinical support to the Optometrist as needed.
* High School Graduate /GED or equivalent experience
* Strong communicator and listener to customers and associates.
* Strong basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication,
* Strong inter personal skills (friendly, caring, patient)
* Sales skills
* Knowledge of store merchandise
* Familiarity with cash register, computers and calculators
* Previous experience in customer service, retail or optical
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will
provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities
who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To
request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica
Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide
your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being
perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or
stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military
status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful
discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or
maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics
protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance
with Tribal Law.
Job Segment: Retail Sales, Optometry, Retail, Healthcare
Keywords: The Luxottica Group, Hackensack , Target Optical - EyeCare Advisor, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!