Ultrasound Tech, MFM
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Description: How have you impacted someone's life today? At
HackensackMeridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on
changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level
of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and
occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home
care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you
to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your
career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.The
Ultrasound Technician, Maternal Fetal Medicine, is responsible for
performing a variety of specialized technical tasks in Diagnostic
Ultrasound utilizing high frequency sound waves to assist medical
and professional personnel in detecting anatomical
abnormalities.Responsibilties: A Day in the Life of an Ultrasound
Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Performs procedures according to departmental format,
completing exam in allotted time.
- Performs required daily clerical duties, which include the use
of IDXrad, SMS, Last Word, computer system, patient scheduling, and
other computer systems as added by Medical Center.
- Performs portable ultrasound exams when necessary.
- Perform a variety of complex technical tasks in Diagnostic
Ultrasound utilizing high frequency sound waves to detect
anatomical abnormalities including masses, abscesses and stones in
accordance with prescribed sonographic procedures; assist physician
with biopsy deep abdominal studies and color-flow ultrasound as
- Determines, prepares and set up medical supplies, instruments
- Prepares patients for diagnostic procedures and measurements
and positioning patients for each anatomical view; explain
- Evaluates technical quality of images obtain representative
images of pathogenic conditions; process accordance with standard
procedures or techniques.
- Maintains records of ultrasound taken, archiving and
de-archiving data as required; calculate, compile and record data
from numerical readings on patient's charts and related
- Calibrates, cleans and performs routine maintenance on
equipment to ensure proper functioning; clean and sterilize
instruments, supplies and equipment; stock and replenish supplies
- Provides technical assistance and instruction to students,
employees and medical residents.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent,
and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Organizational Competencies. Essential Position Specific Functions:
- Performs Anatomy and Physiology exams of fetuses of all
gestational ages including Level II scans, 3 D scans, Detailed
Fetal Cardiac Anatomy scans, Transvaginal scans, and Doppler
- Assists in procedures such as Amniocentensis, Chorioric Villi
Sampling, and fetal reductions.
- Performs Gyn U/S exams.Qualifications: Education, Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of approved Ultrasound School.
- 2 years training in Allied Health/College.
- Minimum 1 year of clinical experience in OB/GYN
- Knowledge of all ultrasound equipment, their function and
operation of each control.
- Understanding of equipment and computer systems as well as the
procedures for equipment service.
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and physiology.
- Knowledge of safety, infection, and disaster policy and
procedures, including implementation of patient care in cases of an
- RDMS Certified in Obstetric Ultrasound.
- Ability to cover weekends on a rotation basis (roughly once
every six weeks).
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Knowledge to aid in invasive fetal procedures with MFM
specialist. Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Five years of clinical experience in OB/GYN ultrasound.
- Nuchal Translucency certified.Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Certification.If you
feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths
and capabilities, then please apply today!by Jobble
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Ultrasound Tech, MFM, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!