Sleep Technologist/ Registered Polysomnographic Tech
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Description: How have you impacted someone's life today? At
Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the
lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each
and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational
health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care
capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to
apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career,
all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. -The Registered
Polysomnographic Tech, of the Institute for Sleep-Wake Disorders,
performs PSG, MSLT/MWT, HST, and PAP titrations on patients of all
ages (infant to geriatric), under the direction of the Ops Mgr,
ISWD.Responsibilties: A day in the life of a Registered
Polysomnographic Tech -at Hackensack Meridian can be described as
- Responsible for reviewing patient data in preparedness for a
- Responsible for hooking patient up with electrodes/monitoring
equipment needed to records a PSG; and performing pre-PSG equipment
- Monitors patients throughout the PSG, making notations on
patient records every half hour.
- Removes electrodes at the end of the PSG and documents post-PSG
- Documents dates of completion for each process of
interpretation of PSG.
- Cleans all equipment as indicated by Infection Control.
- Scores PSG/MSLT/MWT according to the AASM scoring criteria; and
forwards all data for interpretation to the reading Physician.
- Performs inventory on a monthly basis.
- Collects data for the monthly Performance Improvement
- Responsible for identifying equipment malfunctions and
scheduling proper repair or replacement.
- Performs the inter-scorer reliability test on a monthly
- Maintains a neat and clean work environment; cleans all
surfaces at the end of their shift.
- Participates in Journal Club and all staff meetings.
- Maintains patient charts in proper order; and files in
- Review Sleep Studies with the Physicians/staff.
- Performs mask fits and CPAP trials (PAP naps) on patients.
- Participates in Health fairs.
- Performs monthly check on Code Cart.
- Utilizes the Epic hospital system. 20. Assists with the entire
Direct Referral process.
- Assists with the set-up of durable medical equipment on
- Completes back-ups and typing for interpretation process.
- Completes mandatory HUMC annual e-Learning.
- Performs other related tasks as requested by
Manager/Administration to maintain department
operations.Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Skills and
- High school diploma or GED. -Licenses and Certifications
- Polysomnography, Technologist License.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification. -Licenses
and Certifications Preferred:
- Registered Polysomnography Technologist Cerfication. -If you
feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths
and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Sleep Technologist/ Registered Polysomnographic Tech, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!