Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Description: How have YOU impacted someone's life today? At
Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the
lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each
and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational
health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care
capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to
apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career,
all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.Supports day to
day functions of network communications and initiatives. Through
storytelling and content development, the Communications Specialist
will develop and implement communications campaigns to promote
network initiatives and functions to increase engagement and
awareness of strategic initiatives. Ensures the integration of
messages throughout the organization through the proper
distribution and timing of all network announcements, recognitions,
newsletters, and other various communications. Ensures that all
communications are aligned with the network -s brand and are
presented with audience-appropriate tone and language. The
Communications Specialist requires a motivated and resourceful
professional capable of independent function in a fast-paced and
dynamic environment. Excellent verbal and written communication
skills are core to the position. - - -Responsibilties: A day in the
life of a Communications Specialist at Hackensack Meridian Health
- Supports day-to-day functions of communications and content
development to support the strategic initiatives of Hackensack
- Ensure the integration of messages throughout the organization
through the proper distribution of all network announcements,
recognitions, newsletters, and other various communications.
- Ensures that all communications are aligned with the network -s
brand and are presented with audience-appropriate tone and language
in a way that promotes a Great Place to Work culture.
- Develop and implement communications campaigns to promote
network initiatives and functions.
- Develops relationships with subject matter experts and internal
stakeholders and engage in meaningful interviews and dialogue to
- Craft effective, creative and engaging copy with powerful
headlines and strong calls to action.
- Collect data on the performance of specific communications or
campaigns. Develop analytics and metrics to track the effectiveness
of communications to make the process more effective and
- Copyedit, proofread, and revise communications.
- Work closely with the marketing, public relations, internal
communications and digital teams.
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar and oversees all
efforts to publicize special activities, services, and events
- Supports the Director and Vice President of Communications with
ad hoc projects as needed.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to copyright laws, HMH organizational competencies and
standards of behavior.Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Skills
and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English or
other related area of specialty.
- Minimum of 2 years of proven writing/editing experience. Must
provide samples of various forms and styles of copy.
- Expertise and a passion for the discipline of
- Strong grammar and writing skills are non-negotiable.
- Strong copyediting skills; must display a high attention to
- Ability to demonstrate a wide degree of creativity, innovation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet multiple
- Comfortable in a high-growth environment with shifting
- A positive and proactive attitude; Ability to maintain high
level of professionalism in a corporate environment.
- Balance a sense of urgency with calm and confident
- Ability to interface effectively with a variety of people to
establish productive, ongoing relationships.
- Strong interest to find creative solutions for ordinary
- Strong time-management, organization, and coordination
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Familiarity with copyright laws.
- Familiarity with content management systems (i.e. WordPress,
html coding, etc.) and the practice of monitoring internal
communication/social channels. -Education, Knowledge, Skills and
- Experience in a large (> 3,000 employee) business, and/or
one that is comprised of multiple locations.
- Experience in healthcare a plus.
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Communications Specialist, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!