Speech Pathologist - Secondary position
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Description: How have you impacted someone's life today? At
Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on
changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level
of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and
occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home
care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you
to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your
career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. -The
Speech Pathologist diagnoses and treats individuals with
Communication Disorders within the scope of practice as defined by
the State Department of New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs.
-Secondary positionResponsibilties: A day in the life of a Speech
Pathologist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes: -
- Performs all functions associated with the evaluation of
patients for all age groups within the department's
- Performs all functions associated with the execution of
therapeutic treatment for all age groups within the department's
- Completes all documentation required within the specified
timeline according to department.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.)
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or
primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age,
educational, literacy, etc.).
- Works cooperatively within an interdisciplinary treatment team
of medical sub-specialists and allied health professionals.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of
behavior.Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Master's degree in Speech/Language Pathology or Communication
Sciences and Disorders. Additional Pediatric/Institute for Child
Development (ICD) Speech Pathologist Requirements:
- A minimum of 3 -or more years of pediatric experience,
preferably in a medical and/or possibly an outpatient clinical
- Specific expertise in the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment
of pediatric feeding and swallowing disorders (infant thru
adolescents), including performance and interpretation of Modified
Barium Swallow Studies is required. -Education, Knowledge, Skills
and Abilities Preferred:
- Spanish Language Skills -Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology
or eligible to begin Clinical Fellowship Year.
- -Licensed in the State of New Jersey as a Speech-Language
Pathologist or eligible to begin Clinical Fellowship Year. -
Keywords: Hackensack Meridian Health, Hackensack , Speech Pathologist - Secondary position, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!